Are we prepared to write off this season?

beararse

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

Mate it's fucking black and white 100 percent spineless bastards. Dress it up how you like but it's spineless bastards. 

6 games into the season and cunts want the season written off. 

I think there’s a difference between being spineless, and not believing in this group of players.

I’ve got zero faith in them to have a successful season right now, but I never thought we were getting past PSV either. I’ll be sticking with the club regardless though. 

Declaring the season over already is mental. 

1 minute ago, beararse said:

The league is binary. It’s them or us no matter how bad either gets.
To write off the season means write off the league.

Seems pretty fucking obvious to me.

Nor am I saying we should write off the league I’m asking if folk would be prepared to do so if it meant we started next season with an improved, tried and tested back four to replace  the shit show we currently have.

What on earth would you do to facilitate that?

Play Devine, King, Jack and Ridvan at the back? 

Absolutely no guarantee they’d develop to half the level the current crop are at. 

7 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

This is the kinda shit the lurking tarriers take back to kiddy fiddler headquarters over at kerrydail.

The fucking lack of spine with some cunts on here is mental. Genuinely this is the angriest I've felt on this forum in all my years. You get the usual shitebags but this takes the piss. 

Get the thread in the fucking sea.

You reckon?

You think they won’t revell in all the ‘celtic aren't that great/celtic are pish/celtic get all the breaks/celtic are a one dimensional team’  type posts that have been posted on here, having just ripped us a new arsehole on Saturday and equalled the highest score recorded in the SPFL in their previous game?

And how is suggesting an entirely new back line ‘shitebag’ stuff? It’s a damn sight fucking braver than sticking with the current back four who can’t execute the fucking basics.

Can we win the league? Yes. Does it look like we will? No. To say or think otherwise is deluded.

More than happy to be proved wrong in all the above by the way.

7 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Which is what happens if we don't get CL money next season. No assets to sell now 

Fucking grim, we NEED to win the title for many reasons this season.

At least we've got 10m put aside for Tillman and Sands.

Phew..

6 minutes ago, beararse said:

You reckon?

You think they won’t revell in all the ‘celtic aren't that great/celtic are pish/celtic get all the breaks/celtic are a one dimensional team’  type posts that have been posted on here, having just ripped us a new arsehole on Saturday and equalled the highest score recorded in the SPFL in their previous game?

And how is suggesting an entirely new back line ‘shitebag’ stuff? It’s a damn sight fucking braver than sticking with the current back four who can’t execute the fucking basics.

Can we win the league? Yes. Does it look like we will? No. To say or think otherwise is deluded.

More than happy to be proved wrong in all the above by the way.

What the fuck are you talking about? How is it no shitebag stuff? You've literally started a thread titled are we prepared to write off this season ". 6 GAMES IN!

It's fucking knee jerk pish to just rip everything apart after a bad defeat. Aye change personnel in certain areas, change tactics but fuck me people on here saying it's done should honestly fuck off. Acting like we're on the worst run of form when we're just off the back of two 4-0 home victories in the league and a brilliant win in Europe to get us into the champions league before Saturday.

8 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

What on earth would you do to facilitate that?

Play Devine, King, Jack and Ridvan at the back? 

Absolutely no guarantee they’d develop to half the level the current crop are at. 

If you refer to the original post it makes reference to players being fit and available.

So in that regard I’d be looking at Tav (until we bring in an adequate replacement or Devine some who shows real value: I remain unconvinced) Souttar RCB Davies LCB Yilmaz. So that will include the captain (for now), the former captain of Hearts and current international, Davies who is at least a defender to trade unlike Sands and Yilmaz who we’ve just spent up to 5m on.

There is so no guarantee they’d develop to half the level of the current crop. Similarly there is nothing to suggest they won’t improve on the current positions.

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

If you refer to the original post it makes reference to players being fit and available.

So in that regard I’d be looking at Tav (until we bring in an adequate replacement or Devine some who shows real value: I remain unconvinced) Souttar RCB Davies LCB Yilmaz. So that will include the captain (for now), the former captain of Hearts and current international, Davies who is at least a defender to trade unlike Sands and Yilmaz who we’ve just spent up to 5m on.

There is so no guarantee they’d develop to half the level of the current crop. Similarly there is nothing to suggest they won’t improve on the current positions.

This the same guy who looked like a fucking bombscare on his debut and was hooked? The guy who is injury prone and is currently injured? Love how you're trying to polish him there but.

32 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Genuinely don't know what write off the season means anyway.

Happy to finish 8th? Put out of both cups? Scudded in every European game?

I think the OP meant writing off as in forget the results and build for the following season .Changing faces etc and moulding a new team from what we have with the younger players .

Just now, magic8ball said:

I think the OP meant writing off as in forget the results and build for the following season .Changing faces etc and moulding a new team from what we have with the younger players .

Then bring this sort of shit up in March/April if it's all but done. Not in fucking September.

For where we are right now we are a cup team. Football can change very quickly as we have seen in the past, injuries, suspension, loss of form etc. Realistically all aforementioned would need to happen to them as we are suffering them right now and dropping points we can't afford. Need to get to the world cup break no worse than we are right now.

27 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

That's different to writing the season off. 

We need to give them time to gel etc, which will likely result in some dropped points.  
We need to replace the entire defence. It’s either this season or next. I’d prefer this season.

We are already 5 points behind with 6 games played and have defence leaking like a sieve.

I never said I’d happily write off the season, nor that it would be a write off if we did mix it up,  I was asking if folk would be prepared to write off this season if it meant we sorted out the defence. I also asked if anyone had alternative solutions.

Ideally we sort it out this season. Realistically, that wont happen.

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

We need to give them time to gel etc, which will likely result in some dropped points.  
We need to replace the entire defence. It’s either this season or next. I’d prefer this season.

We are already 5 points behind with 6 games played and have defence leaking like a sieve.

I never said I’d happily write off the season, nor that it would be a write off if we did mix it up,  I was asking if folk would be prepared to write off this season if it meant we sorted out the defence. I also asked if anyone had alternative solutions.

Ideally we sort it out this season. Realistically, that wont happen.

You're even shiting it to be called a shitebag 🤣

36 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

This is the kinda shit the lurking tarriers take back to kiddy fiddler headquarters over at kerrydail.

The fucking lack of spine with some cunts on here is mental. Genuinely this is the angriest I've felt on this forum in all my years. You get the usual shitebags but this takes the piss. 

Get the thread in the fucking sea.

I stayed off most of the weekend after the game .Had a quick look at notifications ,numbers double that of a good win and knew looking at the comments was a bad idea .I was in a bad enough place as it was .

The build up during the week was dominated with the transfer speculation and there was an air of some hoping that we would lose to justify their anger at not buying anyone .

I have not fully digested the result and performance yet .You can’t really take any positives out of a result like that to be honest but it’s not the worst capitulation Iv ever seen .There was some individual effort in the game ,Players stuck in at times and did force the ball off them .But there was definitely a lack of collective effort .Switching off at the goals and the goalie having a complete disaster cost us .Signing 2 or 3 new guys (unless 1 was a 1st choice goalie) wasn’t changing anything at the weekend .

Theres no way I’m writing the season off .The players who dipped need to have a look at themselves.Only 10 days earlier they knocked a decent team out of the CL .Bad players can’t play well but .Good players can badly .