HM Queen Elizabeth II

Clemdog

45 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Anyone else feel like social media and fan pages and all that stuff are just ripping the arse out of it now for likes? 

I get what you mean. I’m a Roylalist and had huge respect for the Queen. While the official mourning period was in progress I think tributes etc were fair game, especially for a club with our history. The way we as a fan base have behaved was impeccable and fantastic to see.  

But now that mourning period is over, while not forgetting her it is also time to move forwards and get back to business. The world keeps on turning, we have a new sovereign that we will support, jobs to return to and games to win. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Anyone else feel like social media and fan pages and all that stuff are just ripping the arse out of it now for likes? 

I agree sadly mate.

The media are all wanting money and anything to do with a member of the royal family will sell papers or bring in income or boost their pages of likes and subscribers. Princess Dianna's face still makes millions to this day and that's been nearly 25 years since her death.

• Badger unpinned this topic
4 hours ago, william_1690 said:

Who placed the picture of our late Queen Elizabeth above the dressing room door , does anyone know the history behind that one? 

It was instigated by Souness and hung up by wee Doddie Weir, a predecessor to Jimmy Bell.  There's a video on You Tube of Souness telling the story to Jim White & Simon Jordan on Talksport.