The other mob

MisterC

14 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

Apparently not, but I agree that most will. I dont have any sympathy for people who are already millionaires sacrificing their careers and deciding to take blood money.

He is a borderline elite level player though who has been linked with a return to Real Madrid and Napoli this summer.

Jota would have been on what  max £30k a week here? He's getting nearly £200k a week there tax free in Saudi. He won't be a millionaire either.

I don't think 'sacrificing his career' applies here, he's making the very most of it.

3 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

He is a borderline elite level player though who has been linked with a return to Real Madrid and Napoli this summer.

Jota would have been on what  max £30k a week here? He's getting nearly £200k a week there tax free in Saudi. He won't be a millionaire either.

How would Jota not be a millionaire by now....he can't be far off it unless he is spending money like Mikey Caroll :lol:

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

How would Jota not be a millionaire by now....he can't be far off it unless he is spending money like Mikey Caroll :lol:

He'll have had 1 year of earning decent money. He was a Benfica academy graduate who couldn't get a game before he went there.

2 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

He'll have had 1 year of earning decent money. He was a Benfica academy graduate who couldn't get a game before he went there.

I suppose it depends how much he got in his first season with them....would he not of got 10/15% signing on fee of the £7million or is that a thing of the past these days?

36 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I suppose it depends how much he got in his first season with them....would he not of got 10/15% signing on fee of the £7million or is that a thing of the past these days?

Used to be if you didn’t ask for a transfer you got 10 percent, 5 in your hand 5 in your pension, if you wanted away you got hee-haw.nowadays I’m not sure.

1 hour ago, the goal machine said:

Hatate going there as well. 

1 minute ago, B1872 said:

They’ll get decent money for him no doubt, hopefully Rodgers squanders it by buying total guff.

His agent rubbished that a few days ago.

1 hour ago, The true baller said:

They cunts got lucky with their signings hit rate over the last 2 year. I don’t think it’s absurd to suggest that they have a few misses, ideally on big fees and wages, this summer. They are losing all their best players, it’s crucial we take advantage.

Only because Ange knew the Asian market so well. They have had a few stinkers over the last couple of seasons too. 

1 hour ago, Cooperson said:

That top and the bumble bee one were fkn magic/ tragic happy days

From my recollection,  the tarriers absolutely adored that “bumble bee” strip.

loads of them swanning about with it back in the day.

Especially  when you went on holiday.😡

2 hours ago, barrymorrison1 said:

From my recollection,  the tarriers absolutely adored that “bumble bee” strip.

Loads of them swanning about with it back in the day.

Especially  when you went on holiday.😡

Happens regardless whether they like it or not, absolute creeps

5 hours ago, maverick1200 said:

Only because Ange knew the Asian market so well. They have had a few stinkers over the last couple of seasons too. 

They've a fairly bloated squad and have signed some horrendously bad players, the ones who have hit the ground running have papered over it a little.

You can see the strength of their bench players is weak compared to the starting 11.

7 hours ago, The true baller said:

They cunts got lucky with their signings hit rate over the last 2 year. I don’t think it’s absurd to suggest that they have a few misses, ideally on big fees and wages, this summer. They are losing all their best players, it’s crucial we take advantage.

I think that’s fair. They will get money in of course but reality is they have always had more money to spend than us in recent seasons. It is a bad time in the window to lose Jota and Mooy and unless they have ready made replacements anyone could be a bit of a gamble. The fat man had signings ready to go from Asian market. They have done very well with their hit rate in fairness. The later it gets in the window without them having a settled squad for next season the better for us. We need Kyogo to leave also. 

50 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

I think that’s fair. They will get money in of course but reality is they have always had more money to spend than us in recent seasons. It is a bad time in the window to lose Jota and Mooy and unless they have ready made replacements anyone could be a bit of a gamble. The fat man had signings ready to go from Asian market. They have done very well with their hit rate in fairness. The later it gets in the window without them having a settled squad for next season the better for us. We need Kyogo to leave also. 

Their style of play will likely change with Rodgers being back, the Asian players in particular were well suited to Posticoglu's style and may take a bit more time adapting to the new style (if they don't all leave). 

I think if Jota does go, that stifles them upfront and i think weakens the impact of Furuhashi as he won't get the same service.