The other mob

MisterC

1 hour ago, MurrayWilson said:

The aim for them was always 3rd whether they admit it or not. The draw was actually a bit of a cunt for them regards coming 3rd. Fair enough they probably got the easiest pot 1 team but on the other hand they got a really hard pot 3 team, they would probably rather it was the other way round. 

The draw between lazio and atletico was a sickener as well as the tarriers will want two teams running away with it so the last games could be reserve sides sent out

Hopefully the papes drop points next game, then you want feynoord to draw their game as the mob that have the double header against the papes will want and need to smash them twice to stand a decent chance of going through 

3 hours ago, B1872 said:

I genuinely believe looking back this board will have taken us through the worst period in our history on the park. Michael Beale is a huge issue but the state of the club runs far deeper. We are soon to be the 2nd most successful club in the country and that’s all we’ll be until we get real change in the running of the club. The damage these incompetent cunts have done/doing will take years to fix.

I have always believed that those who own us now do not have the money required or make the right decisions, especially about managers.

I have just noticed we are in the wrong thread for this discussion. Oops. 

3 hours ago, Iakona said:

historically it’s been said that European refs(mainly Spanish) are a lot quicker to blow their whistle or hand out bookings than you would find domestically.

It was a concern our fans constantly raised when Kevin Thomson played in Europe. A booking in Europe isn’t always a booking in the SPL.(wether it’s celtic, Hearts or Aberdeen playing)

I don’t particularly want to defend the gobshite… but I don’t think what Macgregor said has anything to do with preferential treatment. The implication is that you need be much smarter at this level…. Which is something we all know.

Some foreign Refs are very quick with cards I would agree.

Being a bit paranoid about how many decisions they get going their way in Scotland, I think it is a shock to them when two players get sent off.

That very rarely happens to any team in Scottish games but I saw some stats not long ago about how many warnings it takes for one of them to get booked compared to the rest of the league.