The other mob

MisterC

5 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

I genuinely don't know how you can say it wasn't a red for Maeda when you were so adamant that Ryan Jack's red for catching Stevie May with his studs a few years ago was the correct decision. 

Completely different challenges tbh. Ryan Jack kicked through with considerable force, whereas Maeda's leg is dangled in with the other guy kicking through generating the force. One buckled the ankle and the other catches the shin guard. One is pretty obviously more dangerous than the other having just watched both again.

Some memory you have there.

5 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

No real force?

He literally does a mini lunge, goes in studs up way over the ball and makes solid contact with the guy's ankle/lower shin.

Quite clearly a dangerous tackle.

The leg is not kicking through or stiff anything. Can tell by the way the foot moves during contact kind of gives way a bit. The wee jump is just before the challenge and has no effect or relevance. He's on the ground properly before contact is made.

4 hours ago, folkestoneger said:

We would but you can see why it was given. As soon as you raise your foot and show studs in the current game there’s always a risk you will be sent off. 
I’ve seen a lot worse but you can’t argue the ref was wrong to interpret it as he did. If he caught the guys foot rather than his ankle it would probably have been maintained as a yellow.

Agree 100%. It may be on the harsher end of the scale but there is still enough in it with raised boot and late that you can see why the referee has reached the conclusion he has.

Just speaks to their mentality that instead of being able to look at it and say “it might be harsh but Maeda has to learn he can’t make a tackle like that” they come away with mad conspiracy shit like “UEFA are punishing us for supporting Palestine”

2 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

If you ignore all 6 goals the scum came away from Madrid with a very commendable draw. Should be applauded for that TBH. 

Right up there with the defeat to Bayern B at home a few years back .

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Completely different challenges tbh. Ryan Jack kicked through with considerable force, whereas Maeda's leg is dangled in with the other guy kicking through generating the force. One buckled the ankle and the other catches the shin guard. One is pretty obviously more dangerous than the other having just watched both again.

Some memory you have there.

I remember certain things from time to time 😂. I stand by my original point though.