Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

I also think he knows he's at the top end of the list for most premier League jobs if they come available.

Is he though? Villa , brighton , Fulham , wolves all appointed new managers this season . Would think if he was at the top end he would have landed at least one . I think we would have a good chance to get him if we went for it . 

2 minutes ago, Ambrogio said:

Is he though? Villa , brighton , Fulham , wolves all appointed new managers this season . Would think if he was at the top end he would have landed at least one . I think we would have a good chance to get him if we went for it . 

Maybe not as highly thought of as I suggested. Villa and wolves are clubs with money and a bit too ambitious possibly but a Brighton and a Fulham would probably be the right fit. I don't hate the Dyche suggestion. Definitely a man manager and wouldn't stand for half the shite from the likes of Kent.

4 minutes ago, Mols94 said:

People wanted Big Sam when Gerrard left and now people want Sean Dyche? Fucking horrendous 

Is it? The club is such a mess that the actual talent of the manager is secondary to his leadership and personality. The manager needs to be able to carry the entire club because the board are so inept. Gerrard was able to do it. 

11 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

I can’t see us getting close to the salary he wants 

Surely someone like Dyche who probably got a decent payout from Burnley would lower his wage expectations to manage a team like us.

A genuine chance to win leagues and trophies and European football is surely better for a couple of years than a few extra pounds when the job offers in England will be for bottom 6 epl teams.

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

Is it? The club is such a mess that the actual talent of the manager is secondary to his leadership and personality. The manager needs to be able to carry the entire club because the board are so inept. Gerrard was able to do it. 

I can be a bit of a hipster football fan at times but with the mess we are in right now there’s no way some Tifo Football flavour of the month type manager is going to come in and turn us around because they turned a centre half into a number ten who racked up a combined 30 goals and assists in the Estonian second division.

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Two previous to the current? Martin Bain and Mark Allen?

Bain wasn't DoF.

Advoccat and Gordon Smith have both been DoF as well as Allen and Wilson.

Advocaat's role was largely a way to disguise what was effectively gardening leave.

Just now, Inigo said:

Two? Martin Bain and Mark Allen?

I don’t know mate. It just seems that this isn’t working. I’m sure it’s a high paying job for not a great return as far as I can see. Then again, this fucking board wouldn’t be able to sort out transfer dealings. Something needs to change though. This is just rotten. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Bain wasn't DoF.

Advoccat and Gordon Smith have both been DoF as well as Allen and Wilson.

Advocaat's role was largely a way to disguise what was effectively gardening leave.

Thought Bain was DoF in one of his earlier roles before becoming CEO.?