*****The Official Motherwell v Rangers Match Thread*****

Mccrorie

Tav           King     Sands          Barisic

Lundstram       Kamara

Tillman

Morelos          Colak          Matondo

Don’t think there will be much space to run into so Sakala will be ineffective.

Players at risk of injury after the mid week game. So ideally you get some lead so Tav, Barisic, Lundstrum, Colak don’t have to play 90. 

Would love to see Morelos and Colak both start. Just feel like when they’re both playing they’ve got the most energy/passion. Which will be needed after the usual midweek come downs.

2 hours ago, Nk89 said:

Putting Yilmaz in away to Motherwell with the injuries we have wouldn't be fair on him , need to start getting game time ahead of Barisic but I don't think Sunday is when it should start for the players sake

I know what you are saying but for the manager there is a bigger picture here, if he wants to try to salvage his position he needs to start playing players that he can trust and don't let him down. Now he may well trust Borna so even though he was appalling the other night I reckon Gio will actually start him.

I just think it sends out the wrong message to keep playing players who underperform, but at the same time he can hardly drop the full first XI so he needs to pick specific players though losing Goldson and Davies (who at half time had performed pretty solidly which makes it all the more frustrating that they are now both out) means the backline is going to be makeshift anyway, so perhaps Yilmaz getting the nod would not be ideal either.

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Thats not true at all.

Of course it’s not. He’s an absolute wank of a guy that does nothing but post about the board even when things are going good.

He’s fucking delighted that he has more to moan about than shirts being released

12 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

You'd play Barisic after last night?

12 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

If its solely based on last night the whole team should be changed including Colak tbh.

There’s levels of bad, and Borna was appalling. Can’t remember the exact stats, but it was like 1 interception, 0 tackles, 0 blocks, 0 key passes. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

There’s levels of bad, and Borna was appalling. Can’t remember the exact stats, but it was like 1 interception, 0 tackles, 0 blocks, 0 key passes. 

So was everyone else defensively.

Ryan Jack 1 tackle, 0 blocks and 0 interceptions 

Ben Davies 0 tackles, 0 blocks and 3 interceptions 

Lundstram 0 tackles, 1 blocks and 3 interceptions 

Arfield 2 tackles, 0 blocks and 0 interceptions 

Those 4 are classed as players who get 'stuck in' yet as usual criticism of certain players is minimal.

Its embarrassing for all those players when Sakala has more tackles than you.

13 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

There needs to be massive changes or the message is that capitulation is tolerated and humiliation is acceptable.

I'm so scunnered with what's going on at the moment that I'm struggling to give a fuck about this tbh. I know that makes no sense, but its how I feel.

It makes perfect sense, mate. Off on holiday today and have absolutely no intention of finding a pub for Sunday’s game. I know I’ll change my tune by then, but couldn’t give a fuck at the moment.

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

So was everyone else defensively.

Ryan Jack 1 tackle, 0 blocks and 0 interceptions 

Ben Davies 0 tackles, 0 blocks and 3 interceptions 

Lundstram 0 tackles, 1 blocks and 3 interceptions 

Arfield 2 tackles, 0 blocks and 0 interceptions 

Those 4 are classed as players who get 'stuck in' yet as usual criticism of certain players is minimal.

Its embarrassing for all those players when Sakala has more tackles than you.

I’m not having that. Can’t be right. 

Think most have said Lundstram was shite and Jack’s been done for 12+ months.

Arfield was playing attacking mid and scored, so those particular stats are less relevant. 

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

You would prefer we lose? There’s a fucking league title to win.

The fact you thrive during times like this is honestly sickening 

Did I or have I ever posted I prefer us to lose? Who the fuck would want us to lose? 

I'm merely pointing out the short sighted support we have. So settle the fuck down with your wee agenda.

35 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Did I or have I ever posted I prefer us to lose? Who the fuck would want us to lose? 

I'm merely pointing out the short sighted support we have. So settle the fuck down with your wee agenda.

:belm: