Has Gio lost the dressing room ?

MillwallLoyal

20 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

Don't think the players would let the fans down by dipping in performance due to that. Think we're just not very good at the moment due to a fairly wide range of things tbh

Aye . We are all frustrated but our below par performances are due to many variables such as; injuries, players out of form, lack of confidence and players wanting to sign for other clubs.

I despise my works' manager but still work hard for our customers and to keep myself in a job.  Pretty sure our seasoned Rangers players will put our fans and their careers before any personality clash with the management. I'd be furious with them if they didn't. 

52 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

I genuinely think the players are fucking sick of him. 

But I don't think he has lost them all yet.

My opinion don't start greeting.

Where do you get that impression? Yet to hear any member of the squad say a bad word about Gio. 

I see a squad who are hurting. They got to a Euro final last season and are being embaressed in the CL. 

Key players who could play in various positions (Bassey and Aribo) have been sold to balance the books and most new signings haven't hit the ground running except from Colak and Lawrence (who is injured).   

There is an obvious drop in talent thus far and it shows. I'm hoping our new signings pick up fast and that our injured players get fit asap. 

There are times when I watch us play and am raging that we seem to be regressing, but I think it is a short term problem. 

The CL came too soon for us after losing key players and the board let us down badly by not investing once we qualified. 

Gio and the management team are by no means perfect. Their tactics are too defensive and they rely heavily on players who are inconsistent. 

Saying that I still think we can win the league and domestic silverware.  It will be a long hard slog though and it's stressing me to fuck! 

26 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Where do you get that impression? Yet to hear any member of the squad say a bad word about Gio. 

I see a squad who are hurting. They got to a Euro final last season and are being embaressed in the CL. 

Key players who could play in various positions (Bassey and Aribo) have been sold to balance the books and most new signings haven't hit the ground running except from Colak and Lawrence (who is injured).   

There is an obvious drop in talent thus far and it shows. I'm hoping our new signings pick up fast and that our injured players get fit asap. 

There are times when I watch us play and am raging that we seem to be regressing, but I think it is a short term problem. 

The CL came too soon for us after losing key players and the board let us down badly by not investing once we qualified. 

Gio and the management team are by no means perfect. Their tactics are too defensive and they rely heavily on players who are inconsistent. 

Saying that I still think we can win the league and domestic silverware.  It will be a long hard slog though and it's stressing me to fuck! 

My impression is that we don't play like a team that's inspired mate.

Some key players look really down in the dumps and lost when we are playing the prime example being our Captain and Lundstrum and Kamara. The likes of Goldson and Mcgregor etc Don't give me a cause for concern but those 3 players give me the impression they are a bit lost for form.

The Morelos situation I thought he handled very well to be fair but can't understand how he can punish Morelos but can't punish Kent or Barisic for the piss poor dross they are serving up. I understand he has dropped them recently but still does not sit right with me how the same faces are being given time. 

I don't see us with an identity and I don't think he knows his team yet its changing a lot and maybe that's to do with the fact the players are not shining enough but the regression in our team and the way our players are playing makes me think there could be a problem festering with the manager.

Could be wrong though mate but we are sleepwalking into a fucking disaster.

2 hours ago, BlueVanguard said:

My impression is that we don't play like a team that's inspired mate.

Some key players look really down in the dumps and lost when we are playing the prime example being our Captain and Lundstrum and Kamara. The likes of Goldson and Mcgregor etc Don't give me a cause for concern but those 3 players give me the impression they are a bit lost for form.

The Morelos situation I thought he handled very well to be fair but can't understand how he can punish Morelos but can't punish Kent or Barisic for the piss poor dross they are serving up. I understand he has dropped them recently but still does not sit right with me how the same faces are being given time. 

I don't see us with an identity and I don't think he knows his team yet its changing a lot and maybe that's to do with the fact the players are not shining enough but the regression in our team and the way our players are playing makes me think there could be a problem festering with the manager.

Could be wrong though mate but we are sleepwalking into a fucking disaster.

It's complicated. If it were as simple as Geo losing the dressing room we could get a new manager and it would be happy days. I'd be all for that if itt would work. My loyalties are to Rangers not any manager or player. 

Doubtful though. A new manager won't get injured players fit won't get the likes of  Kent playing to his full potential because his head is elsewhere and won't get the new players who he didn't sign gelled into the team any faster than is the current case imo.

There isn't a solitary thing wrong with our displays and squad it is a whole load of variables at the same time. 

I think we need to gritt our teeth and push through the hard times and hope we can see it through  game by boring game until things come together again for us.

It sounds boring and will be hard to watch and will take time,  but it's what is required at the moment imo. 

Btw I gave you a deserved like because you were honest and gave a good debate and you made some good points. 

Just hope we can kick on and win the league 

A

Steven Gerrard was sacked by villa yesterday yet gio has been to A Europa League final.

Majority of Rangers fans would get rid of Van Bronckhost right now. Yet would let Gerrard carry on regardless In the same situation, Rangers teams for me have always been about winning. 

Possibly aye. Be interesting to find out if Kamara has proper chucked it due to not getting a move or actually hates playing under Gio. Total shadow of a player he was from the one that absolutely bossed tricky European ties the past few seasons for us. Are we just holding on to players for too long and it’s going stale? Recruitment has been a farce. 

2 hours ago, siamthedanger said:

Possibly aye. Be interesting to find out if Kamara has proper chucked it due to not getting a move or actually hates playing under Gio. Total shadow of a player he was from the one that absolutely bossed tricky European ties the past few seasons for us. Are we just holding on to players for too long and it’s going stale? Recruitment has been a farce. 

To be fair mate, Kamara was absolutely woeful from the start of last season under Gerrard, who couldn’t get a tune out of him from then at all.  One of those who thought 55 was the job, done and dusted.

He clearly lacks the mentality to be a top, top players, dictate a game and just hadn’t developed. He was offering us nothing. So he was rightfully dropped for a whole series of poor displays and has never really recovered since. He had the odd good cameo here or there, but was mostly utter pish.

Gio realised he couldn’t trust him to turn up and contribute anything, and he was right.

15 hours ago, Vlad1 said:

I’m starting to wonder if Gio’s instructions are getting lost in translation because there’s not really any other excuse for playing the negative pass it round the defence tactics.

I think some players are scared to pass to Sakala because they know he'll lose it.   The front three aren't doing enough to find space either and the midfield is turgid. 

I think the problem is players down town when things aren't going well. Seen it first 2 seasons under Gerrard and now.  Players like Tav, Goldson, Borna, Kamara, Kent are cowards. McGregor, Davis and Arfield are passed it and not replaced. Kent, Morelos n Kamara should have been moved when they were worth a good bit of coin.  We haven't addressed the flaws in our team which is glaringly in the middle of the park. 

I'd say he lost the dressing room a while ago.

Do I think he'll be sacked before the WC break? No I don't although he should be.

Does he look like a Man who is in fear of his job? not to me he doesn't and that iin and of itself is telling.

Does the Club have the money to buy him and his staff out and then go find a replacement , quite possibly pay compensation for the right Man and his staff to come in right now? I don't think we do and that is why I think he'll get to the WC break which by then any chance of winning a League Title will probably be gone and that is a very concerning thought.

The League done and dusted before Christmas.

There is something not right in the players body language and a lot of what I'm seeing looks exactly like it did just before Gerrard left.

Lost the dressing room.

Lost the backing of 99% of the support.

Just the Board to go now, but they'll probably refuse to do the right thing til they feel the heat from us on themselves.

It's inevitable he's going. It's just about how soon.

3 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

If Napoli hit double figures the pressure will be too much and he’ll be gone

Mental than I’m even saying that but it’s a real possibility 

hopefully Napoli play their second team and keep it around 5 

the players are not buying what Gio is selling. we've a chance to to it around during world cup break. 

3 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

If Napoli hit double figures the pressure will be too much and he’ll be gone

Mental than I’m even saying that but it’s a real possibility 

He’s taking a real chance of being gone from football forever mate. If it goes to double figures it will be the biggest embarrassment of a manager for the ages. If Napoli go at us I’m thinking we lose by 6 at the very least. Wonder what the odds are for that.