Leon King take a bow

Vision

McCoist didn't miss him tonight after the game, continued to emphasise the point he was at fault for the goals, he was but he wasn't the only one and while criticism is part and parcel of the game, I think when you're talking about a highly rated kid, one who is only in the team because of extreme injury circumstances then you should taper it a wee bit, he's not like a crown jewel manager project keeping better, more experienced players out, I think we can be constructively told where he's went wrong in a much less aggressive way.

2 hours ago, billythebear1986 said:

Hes been really tore a new 1 in the champions league. At fault for probably 3/4 against liverpool and 2 tonight.

hopefully he learns from these mistakes. Crazy the stick Tillman gets at only a year older and similar full team starts

Tillman gets stick for lack of effort.

King has played beside 3 different centre backs in the past few weeks, one who is more of a defensive midfielder and is almost as young as he is.

Tillman was obviously a signing that was seen as a first team signing, and is obviously rated by Bayern if they have a buy back clause.

King shouldn’t even be starting just now, due to lack of experience, but has had to be thrown in at the deep end, it’s unfair on him to judge him on performances in the CL imo.

3 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

McCoist didn't miss him tonight after the game, continued to emphasise the point he was at fault for the goals, he was but he wasn't the only one and while criticism is part and parcel of the game, I think when you're talking about a highly rated kid, one who is only in the team because of extreme injury circumstances then you should taper it a wee bit, he's not like a crown jewel manager project keeping better, more experienced players out, I think we can be constructively told where he's went wrong in a much less aggressive way.

I thought it was fair, it'll be up to the boy to turn it into a positive, good lesson for him imo.

Just now, superallysbears said:

I thought it was fair, it'll be up to the boy to turn it into a positive, good lesson for him imo.

I thought he laboured on the points quite a bit and was a not overly harsh on some, particularly the second goal, he's wanting King to go to the man, he said when he played he always knew CBs natural instint was to protect the line so he'd hold back, King is 18, he's criticising him for doing something that he himself called natural for far more experienced CBs.

I love McCoist and know it won't be coming from a bad place but I felt he took his frustration out on an easy target.

6 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

I thought he laboured on the points quite a bit and was a not overly harsh on some, particularly the second goal, he's wanting King to go to the man, he said when he played he always knew CBs natural instint was to protect the line so he'd hold back, King is 18, he's criticising him for doing something that he himself called natural for far more experienced CBs.

I love McCoist and know it won't be coming from a bad place but I felt he took his frustration out on an easy target.

He'll be better for the experience including the criticism, broaden his shoulders and come back showing what he can do, he's a first team player now so it comes with the territory, also part of his devopment into the player we all hope he can become.

13 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

He'll be better for the experience including the criticism, broaden his shoulders and come back showing what he can do, he's a first team player now so it comes with the territory, also part of his devopment into the player we all hope he can become.

That's just cliche city mate, I've already acknowledged criticism is part and parcel of the game but I don't think the amount of labouring on the points McCoist did was in any way productive, like I said originally, it's no like he's the golden child manager project keeping better, more experienced players out of the team, he's been thrown in at a level he's absolutely nowhere near ready for yet and it's ok to say that without then pinpointing every single thing he did wrong.

Edit: Just realised your username so I can see why you're taking this stance. 😄

Just now, NixonRFC said:

That's just cliche city mate, I've already acknowledged criticism is part and parcel of the game but I don't think the amount of labouring on the points McCoist did was in any way productive, like I said originally, it's no like he's the golden child manager project keeping better, more experienced players out of the team, he's been thrown in at a level he's absolutely nowhere near ready for yet and it's ok to say that without then pinpointing every single thing he did wrong.

Edit: Just realised your username so I can see why you're taking this stance. 😄

It wasn't over the top imo, that's all I'm saying, when you pull that Rangers top on you've got to fill it.

8 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Is he left or right footed? Expected him n sands to be on different sides

No idea why they were swapped last night tbh.

Sands played all his games at left centre half at beginning of season and King is a right sided centre half yet they were swapped about last night.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Sands played all his games at left centre half at beginning of season and King is a right sided centre half yet they were swapped about last night.

Cause Gio has a habit of just chucking shit at a wall and hoping it sticks. Yet to see any reasoning by half his decisions and more and more they're becoming mental.

6 hours ago, GA1972 said:

It’s hard to pin too much blame on a kid thrown in at the deep end 

But is it just me who’s not really seeing the massive talent that gets talked about? 

I at least expected to see flashes of something from him and it’s all pretty meh and underwhelming 

I tend to agree mate, hope the kid does well and don’t want to be too harsh but take the Aberdeen goal at the weekend - he’s been absolutely sent for a hot dog there but it wasn’t even a great but of skill it was just a chop back inside which a CB needs to be aware of from that tight angle. He misread it that much he wasn’t even in a position to recover on the second phase. There’s been a few examples now

He’s a very good prospect, but has made some big mistakes in big games. How much of that is his fault is up for debate. However, with the situation we find ourselves in we have had to play him. It’ll go one of two way, imo. He’ll either learn from it and become a top player for us, or be playing beside Souttar for Hearts in a couple of years, thinking what might have been.

Hopefully, he’ll train on well, be a star and as a club we won’t be scared to give youngsters a proper shot in the future.

6 hours ago, GA1972 said:

It’s hard to pin too much blame on a kid thrown in at the deep end 

But is it just me who’s not really seeing the massive talent that gets talked about? 

I at least expected to see flashes of something from him and it’s all pretty meh and underwhelming 

If they're young, came through the youth system and support Rangers then 95% of people will convince themselves that they're destined for greatness, despite any evidence to support the assertion.

If they're the same age and foreign they're held to a different standard.

It's a tough one for the boy.

Hopefully good experience in the sense he can learn from it and push himself on. You put yourself up against SPL level CFs and think you've made it keeping clean sheets against low level strikers. He now knows how hard he has to work to get to the top.

He's had 2 or 3 different partners since coming into the team which wont help. The teams confidence is also at a real low.

Definitely needs an arm around him rather than just being lambasted for it.

29 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He was caught out a few times but equally thought he did some excellent things in the game too.

Yeah I don't think he was terrible and I don't think he was brilliant. Don't think he's destined to be some kind of superstar, but he'll do well enough. 

I feel a bit sorry for him to be honest, thrown in at the deepest of deep ends.

Teams a shambles all over the park, and we’re brutally exposed at CL level. Was at the game so didn’t see Ally going in on him, which I think is a bit harsh. 

Hopefully he comes good, but the biggest red flag was his inability to deal with Dundee Utd & Aberdeen level strikers. 

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Thought that helped Sands last night as he looked more comfortable stepping out with the ball, whereas King last night was a lot more cautious and indecisive with the ball.

That said when you have a midfield of Davis, Arfield and Tillman in front of them it makes it more difficult to play out from CB.

40 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I feel a bit sorry for him to be honest, thrown in at the deepest of deep ends.

Teams a shambles all over the park, and we’re brutally exposed at CL level. Was at the game so didn’t see Ally going in on him, which I think is a bit harsh. 

Hopefully he comes good, but the biggest red flag was his inability to deal with Dundee Utd & Aberdeen level strikers. 

If we had fit and available CB now would be the time to give him a break, unfortunately we don’t so he is going to need to play through it.

He looks like he has a strong mentality so hopefully he can keep it going for the next 3 games.

Got torn apart on Saturday off that Duk for Aberdeen & looked poor again last night

He'll have to play the next 3 games & will likely still have to feature after the World Cup, it's basically make or break now for him this season, either he becomes a first team starter or he goes the way of McCrorie and spends his career at an Aberdeen

18 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Got torn apart on Saturday off that Duk for Aberdeen & looked poor again last night

He'll have to play the next 3 games & will likely still have to feature after the World Cup, it's basically make or break now for him this season, either he becomes a first team starter or he goes the way of McCrorie and spends his career at an Aberdeen

:lol: 

23 minutes ago, ayro said:

Thought that helped Sands last night as he looked more comfortable stepping out with the ball, whereas King last night was a lot more cautious and indecisive with the ball.

That said when you have a midfield of Davis, Arfield and Tillman in front of them it makes it more difficult to play out from CB.

Sands was playing the ‘Bassey’ role of stepping into midfield to try help press.

King was to stay back, like Goldson did.