New deals / loans made permanent

graeme_4

New deals for players expiring in 2023?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Gets a new deal or is bought after loan:

6 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

I think he played against Hearts last season. Whenever I saw the B team play last year he definitely stood out.

Yes I remember a few of the young lads now but I just don’t get why he never got a run out against Dundee as Tav is clearer injured or if that’s him fully fit then he’s done

When Tillman reaches 25, there is a good chance he will be worth at least 4X what we pay for him.

I said yes to Sands because utility players are hard to find and are extremely underrated.

I also said yes to Kent & Alfie but I won't shed tears should they leave.

Jack's a tough one. He was coming on to a game again but how often have we said that? We are a better team with him in it and fit.

25 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Honestly none. 

McGregor, Arfield and Davis are done. 

Helander and Jack constantly injured. 

Sands and Tillman would cost too much imo. 

Kent has checked out and the sooner he goes the better. 

Morelos I'm just tired with. If it's not fitness problems then it's his attitude problems. 

This squad needs a proper gut out and rebuild. Use the big chunk of wages they all free up and start building a new team.

Whatever we decide but Ross Wilson needs to be not part of this. Get him sacked with his recruitment record.

This.

16 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

When Tillman reaches 25, there is a good chance he will be worth at least 4X what we pay for him.

I said yes to Sands because utility players are hard to find and are extremely underrated.

I also said yes to Kent & Alfie but I won't shed tears should they leave.

Jack's a tough one. He was coming on to a game again but how often have we said that? We are a better team with him in it and fit.

Aye, with this current rate of inflation! :lol:

I only picked Devine.

sands I’m not fussed about 

Kent has checked out so try to get what we can come jan 

alfie as stated above by blue knight is getting tiring with fitness or attitude issues 

Tillman I think in a more technical league  would flourish and be worth far more but I’m not sure he will achieve his potential here in Scotland…juries out I guess I’m not fussed either way 

the rest are old/injury prone so they need cleared along with some others, wilson included in clear out for creating a “selling” squad with very little sellable players 

it’s absolutely grim just now looking at the decline in the squad from the highs of last season confidence, tactics, poor scouting, infighting whatever the cause it’s grim 

I'm happy to see the back of anyone who's been here longer than a year because it's stale as fuck. I don't see how a new manager can breathe new life into those players - in fact, we were all basically saying the same thing this time last year and Gio managed it briefly from Feb-May (then arguably for the qualifiers) until they reverted to type. Time to move the old guard on, in fact, it's overdue.

For Sands' buyout clause, we could do much better. 

Devine only.

The rest can go to give a new manager a clean slate.

Tilman, if Football Manager is in any way accurate, has a £2m agreed fee in which case I’d go for that, but I doubt it’s that low tbh.

I like helander but the injuries are beyond a joke. McGregor, Davis and Arfield…..thanks for everything, you watch is now over.

Kent and Morelos I’d love to keep if they were at all showing signs of being as good as they were. I doubt even a new manager would get them back to those levels. Fucking irritating when we could have had 20+ million for them at their peak prices. On the plus side Liverpool get fuck all for the sell on :mutley:

2 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

The Scottish trained thing is often overlooked, but we do need to watch our numbers here.

Ideally I would be looking to move the above on and replace with other players who qualify.

Doig, Ferguson and Gauld are all playing abroad and we should be keeping tabs on them.

If they improve enough that we would want to sign them, then we’ll be priced out. In the £10m region. 

Probably none; Morelos will never be match fit unless he plays and Gio obviously does not want to do that. He is the only one that I would gamble on because strikers are hard to find. Sands would cost too much for a very limited utility player and Tillman will want out as soon as he can.

Gone for Tillman , Sands and Devine . 

Obviously depending on price , but I think Tillman will prove a good signing over time .

Sands is one of those versatile players that is always handy in emergencies , thought he did very well in midfield against Aberdeen in the 1st half . 

Devine,  I dont know too much about , but could save us a fortune very soon  . 

The rest , in all honesty , have been here too long and are done . I know finances will dictate when can't do it all in one go , but the squad needs a new freshness - it's gone stale . 

8 hours ago, SPWF said:

If they improve enough that we would want to sign them, then we’ll be priced out. In the £10m region. 

Agreed, which is why we should be monitoring if they flop to see if we can get them cheap.

Ultimately we are going to need Scottish trained players. Bringing in a Ferguson or Doig who showed promise but faltered is a better option than paying over the top for an SPFL based player who has never shown that level of promise.

It's all very well saying we should be only interested if they are a rip roaring success, but at the end of the day, if they are better than the other Scottish trained players, then that makes them good enough for a squad place.