Priority for Michael Beale

Amokachi

5 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Him, Jack, Morelos and Kamara all out the door for me in January.

But Jack will get a new deal.

Halliday said on SSB kamara was his favourite, so a would'nt think so for him.

And let's be honest a kamara playing well is a good player

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

To who? :lol:

I think Kent and Kamara may improve again. Morelos is probably done altogether unfortunately 

Amazes me that the majority of people are writing off Morelos when he has a period like he's just had every season he's been here. Wouldn't surprise me if he was our best player the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, Don81 said:

Amazes me that the majority of people are writing off Morelos when he has a period like he's just had every season he's been here. Wouldn't surprise me if he was our best player the rest of the season.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he signed a precontact with someone else and had a six month holiday at our expense

12 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Him, Jack, Morelos and Kamara all out the door for me in January.

But Jack will get a new deal.

Agreed there mate ... but January is a notoriously weird window to get players in and equally out.

Can only hope that team form is restored  and in the players you mentioned and somebody puts in a bid for them.

🇬🇧 

2 minutes ago, Don81 said:

I’ve probably been Morelos’s biggest fan on here but he’s chucked it.

I suspect he already has his next club already lined up.

12 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Confidence back in the players.

Fitness will have to be a gradual increase due to the time in the season. 

Agreed, get the players doing their job properly, steady the ship and gradually improve the whole operation, but focusing on the cups in the short term.

3 minutes ago, Don81 said:

I love Alfie, but this is by far and away the worst shape and form he has ever been in

9 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I predict Kamara will become an influential player again under Beale.

Should be sold in January IMO. Wanted to leave in the Summer, has been piss poor when he’s had an opportunity this season and is the one player we could get some money for that might allow us the wiggle room to bring in a couple of fresh faces.

3 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Should be sold in January IMO. Wanted to leave in the Summer, has been piss poor when he’s had an opportunity this season and is the one player we could get some money for that might allow us the wiggle room to bring in a couple of fresh faces.

The fact he’s not been playing much might help us get a decent ish fee - the more he plays the less we’ll get for him - he’s been shite.  Needs gone. Obviously doesn’t want to be here 

1 hour ago, Amokachi said:

He’s obviously got many issues to address & deal with but what should be his absolute priority ? 

The ‘fitness’ of the squad for me, huge concerns re some players condition , injuries & mentality. 

Agree with that - need to get the high press back and force the opposition into making mistakes....... but our lads so far this season look like they would be fucked after half an hour of that.

Mentality........ i don't think there's enough born winners in our team, too often they sink back into their shell when we concede so that's tougher to fix without replacements.

On a positive note, most of the squad will already be familiar with Beale's style of play so the tactical side of things should be easier to implement. Hopefully the injury situation will easy after the break........ hopefully.

I'd prescribe a couple of weeks of double sessions at Gullane Sands personally ;)

1 minute ago, NorthernLights said:

We shouldn’t appoint a different captain until we have someone worthy of wearing the armband. Tav is probably still the best of a bad bunch

Kinda damning statement......... true though unfortunately. Ryan Jack seemed like he could've been the one........ just a shame he's made of polystyrene.