Priority for Michael Beale

Amokachi

22 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I’ve probably been Morelos’s biggest fan on here but he’s chucked it.

I suspect he already has his next club already lined up.

I’d be fairly surprised if any half decent club went near him. He’s been disgusting on and off the park this season.

12 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Destroying Tav mentally when we are hoping for a lift from the players would be incredibly stupid. They did it with Mings at Villa and it was arguably the moment of no return for Gerrard

Or we could stay with Tav who goes missing when the chips are down.

He will never be a true leader. 

I agree, changing him could have a detrimental effect and I doubt Beale is even considering it.

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

The changing the captaincy shout is one of the biggest clichés around. It’s another thing that elements of our support are seemingly obsessed with because Advocaat did it with Amoruso and Ferguson over 20 years ago.

yeah and that is what the vast majority of our support remember

:pierre:

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Or we could stay with Tav who goes missing when the chips are down.

He will never be a true leader. 

I agree, changing him could have a detrimental effect and I doubt Beale is even considering it.

I like Tav, but he does go missing at times, there’s no denying it. It’s a strange one because sometimes he is captain material, like last season in Europe especially nobody could deny his form or role as captain.

It was actually being openly discussed leading up to the EL final if we won it would he be regarded as up there with John Greig. That might seem silly now because of his current form and the fact we didn’t win it, but it was being discussed. 

He’s hall of fame when he retires anyway, I don’t think it’s really a debate now. 

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

The changing the captaincy shout is one of the biggest clichés around. It’s another thing that elements of our support are seemingly obsessed with because Advocaat did it with Amoruso and Ferguson over 20 years ago.

You can instantly discount the opinion of anyone who makes that shout tbh. Utterly clueless. 

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Nonsense. You don't think players like Jordan Henderson or Thiago Silva (Brazil) have a huge influence on their teams?

Not having a true leader has been half our problem but tbh, it's been talked to death on here.

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Nonsense. You don't think players like Jordan Henderson or Thiago Silva (Brazil) have a huge influence on their teams?

Not having a true leader has been half our problem but tbh, it's been talked to death on here.

I said it in the WC thread on Friday evening but if you listen to commentators talk about Henderson play for England or Liverpool you have to assume he made it in football due to his ability to speak to people.

I have never heard his actual footballing ability praised, it’s always that he is able to talk to players around him and motivate them :lol:

14 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Steven Gerrard is arguably one of the best captains there’s been in modern football. I’m sure he knows what makes a good captain better than any of us do so if Tav was good enough for him, and the multiple other managers he’s had the armband under, then he’s still good enough for me for now, especially when we have far bigger issues to address.

I think it’s laughable that people constantly say we haven’t had a true leader for years then suggest moving the armband from Tav to Goldson, who have both been at the club for years already but saying that if it was up to people on here then we would have had about five captains in the past half a decade because people have wanted Tav, Goldson, Lundstram, Jack and McGregor to have it at various different points. 

If Beale decides to make a captaincy change, which I don’t think he will, it should be to somebody who’s not currently at the club, and that means leaving Tav as captain until the Summer at the earliest for me.

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Steven Gerrard is arguably one of the best captains there’s been in modern football. I’m sure he knows what makes a good captain better than any of us do so if Tav was good enough for him, and the multiple other managers he’s had the armband under, then he’s still good enough for me for now, especially when we have far bigger issues to address.

I think it’s laughable that people constantly say we haven’t had a true leader for years then suggest moving the armband from Tav to Goldson, who have both been at the club for years already but dying that if it was up to people on here then we would have had about five captains in the past half a decade because people have wanted Tav, Goldson, Lundstram, Jack and McGregor to have it at various different points. 

If Beale decides to make a captaincy change, which I don’t think he will, it should be to somebody who’s not currently at the club, and that means leaving Tav as captain until the Summer at the earliest for me.

This.