Kent

Number5

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I hate comparing us to them, but they often bring on 2 or 3 real quality attacking players after 60 mins or so or when they are chasing.

Those 3 aren’t good enough for that (maybe Sakala aside), and Roofe can’t be relied upon. 

The players they're bringing on were brought in over a few windows though mate. Do I want to have them on the bench? No., all I'm saying is that I'd rather be replacing Kent/Morelos/Matondo first. We need a starting GK, CB, possibly a CM(although probably will have Jack/Lundstram for that place) LW, RW, ST. 

That's a lot for one window alone.

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

Right who you getting then? Bearing in mind you have to get Wright out the door AND secure someone else in. Or you got a magic bag of money?

Not really sure what your point is here?

Scott Wright wouldn’t make that other mobs matchday squad.

he’s absolutely chronic and kind of sums up our recruitment policy in past few years.

23 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

The players they're bringing on were brought in over a few windows though mate. Do I want to have them on the bench? No., all I'm saying is that I'd rather be replacing Kent/Morelos/Matondo first. We need a starting GK, CB, possibly a CM(although probably will have Jack/Lundstram for that place) LW, RW, ST. 

That's a lot for one window alone.

Agreed.

7 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Not really sure what your point is here?

Scott Wright wouldn’t make that other mobs matchday squad.

he’s absolutely chronic and kind of sums up our recruitment policy in past few years.

What do you mean what's my point? I don't see us bringing 18 new players in the Summer. I'd rather change the first choice guys first than be worrying about the guy who barely plays. Sort him the Summer after or in January.

3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I honestly don’t understand any of the three subs.

Need a goal with 5 minutes to go and we bring on a defensive midfielder, take off a striker and bring on Wrightwhile leaving the midfielder most likely to get a chance/goal on the bench 

I was dumbfounded at those subs yesterday. 

Took far to long to make them after Tav pulled the 2nd back and then went like for like with 5 minutes of normal time remaining in a must win match. 

Just unreal. 

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I was dumbfounded at those subs yesterday. 

Took far to long to make them after Tav pulled the 2nd back and then went like for like with 5 minutes of normal time remaining in a must win match. 

Just unreal. 

Copy and paste from the semi. 

All three were that bad you struggle to choose which one was the worst.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Copy and paste from the semi. 

All three were that bad you struggle to choose which one was the worst.

The subs and timings were baffling. If he wanted fresh legs the time was just before they scored the second. It was so obvious that the flow of the game had turned their way and we weren’t getting close or getting out. I like Beale a lot but his sub choices in all 3 OF have been very poor. 

The quality on our bench though at the moment is frighteningly bad. 

1 hour ago, GA1972 said:

Cant wait to see the back of him now

At the fee we paid for him, contribution received and getting no money back he might be our worst ever bit of business. Folk go on about Flo but he scored a goal in every 2 and we got half his fee back 

Our EL run probably doesn't happen without him and look at the money that brought in.

13 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Time's up. If you squander that many goal opportunities and make inaccurate passes at crucial moments, then you can't expect a new and improved contract. Enjoy the Championship.

Can see him signing for a relegated EPL side tbh, forest or the likes, where every now and then you'll see him pull off what we know he can on a highlight reel 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We are getting near nothing from Kent Matondo or Wright.

The returns that mob get from Jota, Abada and Haksobanovic are night and day 

Pretty sure Wright and Matondo would have better stats if they played week in week out. Not that they’re the answer.

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

Pretty sure Wright and Matondo would have better stats if they played week in week out. Not that they’re the answer.

I know Matondo has been injured but they're clearly not doing enough in training, or in limited appearances, to dislodge the likes of Sakala or worse, Kent. And if they can't show up better than Kent then we're really fucked.

I'd be happy if they followed Lundstram, Kamara, Barisic, King, McLaughlin and all those going out of contract bar Tillman (and maybe Jack). 

Don't see us chasing 14 or so in a oner unfortunately.🤣

16 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I know Matondo has been injured but they're clearly not doing enough in training, or in limited appearances, to dislodge the likes of Sakala or worse, Kent. And if they can't show up better than Kent then we're really fucked.

I'd be happy if they followed Lundstram, Kamara, Barisic, King, McLaughlin and all those going out of contract bar Tillman (and maybe Jack). 

Jack is the only one I want to sign a new deal, the others can go, if we want to go forward.

Raskin and Cantwell will lead our midfield anyway.

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Jack was really awful on Saturday. 

Yes that's true, was just talking about contracts in the summer.

Don't think anyone was good at the piggery anyway.

43 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Oh I agree like you I don’t see us changing a whole squad.

Just mean if they got the same minutes they’d probably have more, more a criticism of Kent than me saying they’re starters.