Kent

Number5

2 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

It's not, no. 

But it's a decent indicator of the overall interest of the club on a global scale. And holds even more weight when they play in a 'small' league too.

They have about 20x the following online we do.

You're confusing loyal core fan base (ours is incredible) with size of club. They aren't synonymous.

I'm not saying they are bigger, but it definitely can't be concluded definitely that we are.

So you're doubling down on the whole online following means they're a massive club, despite avg attendances of 41k?

Norwich City has more followers than us, would you say they're bigger too? 😂

3 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

So you're doubling down on the whole online following means they're a massive club, despite avg attendances of 41k?

Norwich City has more followers than us, would you say they're bigger too? 😂

Online following, average attendance etc are just one of a myriad of criteria which feed into the size of a club 

And no. If you were capable of reading I said that being attached to a big league can inflate online following but that doesn't apply to Fenerbache.

Like I said, I've not said they are bigger. But there's a quite clear logical argument that they might be. 

1 minute ago, TheKingObv said:

Online following, average attendance etc are just one of a myriad of criteria which feed into the size of a club 

And no. If you were capable of reading I said that being attached to a big league can inflate online following but that doesn't apply to Fenerbache.

Like I said, I've not said they are bigger. But there's a quite clear logical argument that they might be. 

What is the argument that they could be? I've only heard you give online following in their favour.

2 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

In a purely devils advocate, hypothetical situation here if we got the chance to punt Lammers on loan in January and we replaced him with Kent for a similar financial outlay (club picking up a fraction of his wages) then would you take it? 

Lol it’s a good question, but no. I’d rather we either try and get more from Lammers (as we’re stuck with him), or we use any funds from selling/loaning him on someone else. 

We know what we get from Kent and it’s not good enough domestically. 

We suspect we know what we’ll get from Lammers and it’s not good enough domestically. But we don’t know that for certain (yet)

8 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

To counter that, they play in the most populated city in Europe(I think) in a country that likes football so they're going to be well known.

11 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

To counter that, they play in the most populated city in Europe(I think) in a country that likes football so they're going to be well known.

Indeed.

But surely being 'well known' is a strong criteria for how big a club is?

5 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Moving forward into a new era with Clement, hopefully a very successful one, there’s better players than Kent out there fs let’s move forward not back. 

The argument that we brought Shagger and Davis back and it worked is stupid aswell, at the time we were basically on our knees, squad was packed with shite and it made sense to look back to move forward and get some experience in. 

Also Sima and wee rapid Rabbie when fit again will give us better numbers than Kent. A few will probably argue that point but they are wrong 😝

I agree there are better players out there and we need to move forward. But that’s with respect to actual signings and money spent on fees.

I think if it’s a loan deal for 6months because we’ve closed the gap and we’re gunning for the league it makes sense. If we’re 1-1 drawing with celtic in a league decider I’d rather have Kent coming off the bench than Wright.

The probability of finding someone better than Kent for no outlay in January is pretty low. (And who won’t take time to adjust to the league etc)

6 hours ago, DrLaudrup said:

A lot of simple minded players don’t realise what they have until it is gone. 

Yes I agree and see once they have had there chance and declined to stay that should be the end of it.  If you don’t want to play for us fuck off and don’t dare come crawling back afterwards.   We are better than any player that thinks they are better than us only to find out they are not.  Fuck Kent 

39 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Yes I agree and see once they have had there chance and declined to stay that should be the end of it.  If you don’t want to play for us fuck off and don’t dare come crawling back afterwards.   We are better than any player that thinks they are better than us only to find out they are not.  Fuck Kent 

Fine line really as we do want players with ambition ideally had Wilson been a little better at his job we'd have gotten a fee for him at the right time 

3 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He was really poor in the semi.

This has been done to death but the criticism over his goal record is spot on, and his contribution in other ways is underrated by many.

Best approach though is we move on.

One day a video will play in the museum of all the running about he did. Legend. :love:

20 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

I agree there are better players out there and we need to move forward. But that’s with respect to actual signings and money spent on fees.

I think if it’s a loan deal for 6months because we’ve closed the gap and we’re gunning for the league it makes sense. If we’re 1-1 drawing with celtic in a league decider I’d rather have Kent coming off the bench than Wright.

The probability of finding someone better than Kent for no outlay in January is pretty low. (And who won’t take time to adjust to the league etc)

Some good points there mate and I can see your logic. Kent certainly has talent. He is wasting it though.

He only cares about himself and money though.
He would degrade our team spirit.

He doesn't fit into Clement's ethos. He likes hard working players who give their all for the team and want to improve their skills. Kent doesn't fulfill those criteria.

Absolutely no way  are we signing him.

19 hours ago, peter huistra said:

Fenerbahce are probably one of the biggest clubs in Asia but Rangers dwarf them for global support 

Fenerbache are a bigger club than Rangers in terms of supporter numbers, we possibly have a wider net of support but overall they dwarf us, their twitter has 11.2 million followers, we have 0.72, its a wanky metric but the gap is massive and its meaningfull. 

2 minutes ago, bluchoo said:

Fenerbache are a bigger club than Rangers in terms of supporter numbers, we possibly have a wider net of support but overall they dwarf us, their twitter has 11.2 million followers, we have 0.72, its a wanky metric but the gap is massive and its meaningfull. 

:lol: