Kent

Number5

2 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

That’s fucking hilarious, what an absolute shambles. 

Downed tools with Alfredo for the last 12 months with us and he’ll be playing at Home Park in Jan and Morelos in the Brazilian 2nd division. Fucking clowns.

Think Santos are letting him go. 

4 hours ago, bluenoz said:

As a player, I think Sima is slightly overrated despite scoring nine goals so far. But his work ethic and commitment make him a better asset than Kent every day of the week. 

I agree mate, the difference with Sima and Kent is Sima chases goals, he’s in the box if the play is down the opposite wing, Kent was hardly ever a threat and rarely found between the posts. Sima is being rewarded for a bit of bravery rather than sitting out on a wing, doing a few step overs the playing it sideways/back the way. Like you, give me Sima and goals every day of the week. 

49 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I don’t actually think he downed tools either. Just think he wasn’t that good, was absolutely drained of all confidence, and just became quite stale. Didn’t chuck it completely the way Morelos or Kamara did IMO. 

He proved on quite a few occasions, in big games, that he could terrorise some of Europes bigger teams.. so thats just pish. He just seemed to lose the appetite.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

I don’t actually think he downed tools either. Just think he wasn’t that good, was absolutely drained of all confidence, and just became quite stale. Didn’t chuck it completely the way Morelos or Kamara did IMO. 

Nah he definitely downed tools.

Go watch him Vs Dortmund. 

That's Ryan Kent trying his best.

Don’t think he chucked it like Morelos or Kamara.

He dropped off in standard.

Motivation, shite manager(s), squad staleness, lack of certainty over future, lack of confidence, shit system + midfield etc probably a combination of all these things.

If there was a chance Clement could get the best Kent back then he would be a big asset given how scarce we are with width at present. But would be a massive “if”

Moving forward into a new era with Clement, hopefully a very successful one, there’s better players than Kent out there fs let’s move forward not back. 

The argument that we brought Shagger and Davis back and it worked is stupid aswell, at the time we were basically on our knees, squad was packed with shite and it made sense to look back to move forward and get some experience in. 

Also Sima and wee rapid Rabbie when fit again will give us better numbers than Kent. A few will probably argue that point but they are wrong 😝

37 minutes ago, Finny said:

Add him and alfie to the category of we will be the biggest team you have ever played for. Happens with so many players when they leave. Never mind us not knowing what we have until there gone. They don't realise what they had until they leave. 

Could make a decent argument that Fenerbache are bigger than us tbf.

He also played for Liverpool.