Kent

Number5

We need our front 4 in particular to be all getting double figure goals, and decent numbers of assists. We don't need more players in those positions who can't score. Like Kent.

He blows hot and cold, and he offered nowhere near enough before he left.

Firm doorly shut on him imo.

3 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

The hatred and rewriting of history around Kent is bizarre. He downed tools like Alfie, Kamara and many others in that team but seems to get all the abuse.

The whole team let us down in regards to trophies but financially they all got us to Seville and the CL Groups otherwise we’d still be struggling.

I’ve seen them all heavily criticised tbf 👍

I would have some reservations, his form last season and his general lack of numbers, but ultimately it would be a yes for me for a few reasons.

The first being that it's an area of the pitch where I feel we lack options (most people thought that we lacked wide players at the start of the season when we were all wondering what Beale was trying to do with his system). The second being that we don't really have anyone that puts the fear in to a team the way Kent did, forcing the opposition to double up and sometimes treble up on him. The third reason is that most players who were poor under the previous manager have improved under Clement. I think Kent could thrive under him.

Unless there's genuinely someone out there better and available in the January transfer window at sums of money we could afford then signing Kent would be a sensible option. 

Kent just looks like a footballer on the way down.

I don't think he had enough about him in terms of his technical, mental and physical attributes to be a player who got better after his mid 20s.

A lot of his game needed the cockiness and quickness of youth. I feel he lost that as he got older, without growing enough in other departments.

Plenty of (flair) players go that way and are on the way down after 25.

I'm thinking guys like Aaron Lennon, Delle Alli, etc

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

As a player, I think Sima is slightly overrated despite scoring nine goals so far. But his work ethic and commitment make him a better asset than Kent every day of the week. 

Same, powerful and can finish, but some of his touches, passes and tripping over the ball are horrendous.

Still rather have him than not right now. Works very hard for the team. 

1 hour ago, evenstevens said:

Yass!  Bring him home, bin Sima to the bench and lets get some goal contributions back into the side.

Not sure if serious or on heavy meds.

Dropping our second highest goal scorer this season for a guy who has hardly kicked a ball and scored 1 goal. Ooooft!