Michael Beale

ElBufalo20

13 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

Beale inherited a mess. In the circumstances he has done well. Injected a bit of fight and belief into the squad.

Long way to go but I am happy with what I have seen so far.

Everything would be different if he started the season fresh with his squad. The tarriers are too far now I can't see them dropping much points, next season should be interesting.

I'm waiting to see two windows and a full season to see how good Beale can be for our club, long term.

We're not playing well under Beale, but the difference is we're taking home 3pts. If Gio was still at the helm I think we'd be 15pts behind by now., under Beale I think we're unlucky not to be just 6pts behind (albeit he takes some flak for that bad luck with his subs).

At the moment its all a bit silk purse and sows ear. Team needs to improve, but we need both fresh blood and to get existing players operating back to where they were. Given the state we were in, you really need to give Beale 12mths to see if it's working or not. 

On 20/01/2023 at 11:33, Badger said:

We're not playing well under Beale, but the difference is we're taking home 3pts. If Gio was still at the helm I think we'd be 15pts behind by now., under Beale I think we're unlucky not to be just 6pts behind (albeit he takes some flak for that bad luck with his subs).

At the moment its all a bit silk purse and sows ear. Team needs to improve, but we need both fresh blood and to get existing players operating back to where they were. Given the state we were in, you really need to give Beale 12mths to see if it's working or not. 

I think preseason will be key. He'll be able to get his ideas into the team. It'll be hard to implement all his ideas into the team because we will be mostly playing twice a week until the end of the season. 

I've not given up the title yet, with the way the scum play, they could tire towards the end of the season. If we could close the gap and put some pressure on them and they tire, you never known. Slim, but there could be a chance. 

• 3 months later...

He needs a pre season with his squad. However if he approaches next season with this style of all possession with no creativeness then we're fucked. I'm hanging onto the hope that we he's a good coach he sees that. We need an identity. We need to stop playing two midfielders sitting in the middle of the park doing fuck all. He should be using the remaining games to try something new otherwise the gig is up.

Need to get this out and here is as good as anywhere. 

The state of the squad is fucking embarrassing. 

Players that don’t want to be here like Morelos, Kamara, Kent 

Players that can’t get or stay fit, the likes of Jack, Helander and Souttar

Guys with a loser mentality like Lundstram, Goldson and Tav. 

Guys who have spine and ability but they are just finished like Arfield Davis and McGregor 

then just non-footballers like Sakala, Matondo, Davies and Wright. 

We have Raskin and Cantwell who I would keep going forward. And they only just got here. 

Beale would need to be the worlds greatest magician to sort that mess out not just the worlds greatest manager. 

He struggles to sense damger and react positively.

They score a fluke, they were energised, that was the time to change (arguably could have done so at half time). But no change until they get the 2nd. Then he leaves Lundstram on who only ever slows our play down.

Arfield ready for 20 mins to get on but deemed not necessary.

Beale picked the right team imo but that's all he got right today.

3 minutes ago, shaka said:

With the league gone he really needed to show some forward planning and dropped the guys who won't be here next season.  Unless he thinks they can still contribute next season in which case it's gone be another season of failure coming up.

So does he throw the semi final away then? No chance does he drop a load of players the week before the semi.

Players need to stand up and take the blame for that today. Our starting 11 was about as good as you could hope for given the players unavailable. First half we should be in front. But we don't take our chances. Second half they up the pressing game and pressed high, once again in this scenario we failed to handle the pressure of a team being in our faces. 

15 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Under serious serious pressure I have my doubts I can't lie

This is the sort of nonsense we need to avoid.  He came in with us in utter disarray.  I hope we get a result next week but ultimately next season is the time to judge him.

1 minute ago, LochendBilly said:

So does he throw the semi final away then? No chance does he drop a load of players the week before the semi.

Do you think this team can win next week?  Too many players either not good enough or don't care enough.  Why would a player who is not going to be here next season exert any effort when there is a risk of injury and not getting their next contract?!