The constant media pressure on VAR and referees

GOAT

13 minutes ago, GOAT said:

“They should have had a penalty for it”

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I was going to cut him a bit of slack due to the fact you don't expect a tackle like that when a player is in his own box.

However the fact is foul was penalised, so there can only be one reason why it wasn't a penalty. 

Wrong fucking box

20 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Tarriers just got a penalty decision by the ref overturned by VAR going to be some amount of greeting this week fae the manky tramps

I saw it and it was honestly one of the worst initial penalty decisions I’ve ever seen.

Keeper comes out and punches the ball clean, then bumps into their player. Ref gives a pen. Mental decision. 

I've always said Referees should explain themselves (like American Football) and that would provide a clear understanding of why they've arrived at their decision. I accepted that while the referees only had 1 view of it, there wasn't much point in explaining things, but now that VAR is here, I think we should get a verbal comment as to why the referee has made his decision.

He has the change to watch it 4 or 5 times, different views, slow motion and has time to clear his head and make decisions. So a quick verbal update to accompany the decision would help.

They are cheating Bastards they are clearly practicing this shite of turning into players and making no legitimate challenge for the ball it's patently obvious what these cunts are up to yet should they be punished for feigning injury and actually be penalised for it via a booking they'll be whingeing like fuck of their victimhood.

There's no end to their blackmail officials ought to really start showing some backbone in dealing with them and all forms of unsporting behaviour drag the cunts into decency if that's at all possible.

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I saw it and it was honestly one of the worst initial penalty decisions I’ve ever seen.

Keeper comes out and punches the ball clean, then bumps into their player. Ref gives a pen. Mental decision. 

I felt that their player actually intentionally blocked/barged the keeper

4 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I’m pretty pleased with VAR all in all. Gets much more right IMO. 

Fucking hate it , maybe if they went to a rugby style where they show replays and communicate with crowd it would be different but how it is now is ruining football for me