General Transfer Talk

Broxi

7 minutes ago, Ladytonbear said:

Genuine question- if we are nine points adrift next Christmas, does he get the winter window to try to change things? Or do we just settle for 2nd place until things get better?

That's a rather pessimistic view but a valid one. Only time will tell. 

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

That's a rather pessimistic view but a valid one. Only time will tell. 

Obviously that’s where we were when GVB got punted, and some supporters here were saying he should have went sooner as the league was effectively lost by Christmas 

We are clearing decks in terms of board members and the Ross Wilson regime. Part of me feels if we lose to the scum in the next two games then we are better starting a fresh in the footballing department also. Release all the players out of contract then go and get a new manager with no connection to 55 or anything to do with that. If he would come then someone like a Potter would do well for us. 

6 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Doesn't come across as the type to be able to do this tbh. 

Was told Beale wanted Butland but Wilson had blacklisted him. Seems a strange dynamic that your DoF has so much say over transfers. That probably says more about Wilson than Beale tbh

3 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Was told Beale wanted Butland but Wilson had blacklisted him. Seems a strange dynamic that your DoF has so much say over transfers. That probably says more about Wilson than Beale tbh

If Wilson didn't rate Butland, then I'm feeling better about him potentially signing already.

12 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Doesn't come across as the type to be able to do this tbh. 

Don’t think so either. I can see it being a few lazy summer signings, the usual loan deal and more of the same next season. 
Nothing about the current set up at this club suggests otherwise 

16 minutes ago, ayrshireranger said:

Calm down Capt. Pedohunter, I was being sarcastic, as even children know what a walnut whip is. Sorry, not believing that a grown British adult does not know what it is.

To quote @The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes… whit?

59 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

He’s not going to be sacked, we also can’t just sack everyone and also to sack him without having given him the chance to build his own team would make us very unappealing to a lot of managers

We should just give 12 month contracts to managers.  Save ourselves a few quid. 🙂

41 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Said poster was trying to make a stupid remark to an innocuous earlier post of mine, bizarrely about Walnut Whips (and he claiming never to have heard of them, so I sarcastically remarked he must be about 12 or under) to which he made said puerile remark as if I was seriously trying to find out he was a child. 

47 minutes ago, ayrshireranger said:

Said poster was trying to make a stupid remark to an innocuous earlier post of mine, bizarrely about Walnut Whips (and he claiming never to have heard of them, so I sarcastically remarked he must be about 12 or under) to which he made said puerile remark as if I was seriously trying to find out he was a child. 

Seemed like it from here tbh, seemed like you sensed an in 

3 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

Mind Ross Wilson does not sign football players. 

3 hours ago, ayrshireranger said:

Calm down Capt. Pedohunter, I was being sarcastic, as even children know what a walnut whip is. Sorry, not believing that a grown British adult does not know what it is.

2 hours ago, ayrshireranger said:

Are you OK?