General Transfer Talk

Broxi

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Dujon Sterling from Chelsea linked in Tomorrows sun by Andy Devlin.

he’ll struggle to cut the mustard up here imo.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/10649733/Rangers-chelsea-michael-beale-dujon-sterling-stoke-transfer-rebuild/?utm_campaign=native_share&utm_source=sharebar_native&utm_medium=sharebar_native

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

7 shots on target is quite vague though, goldsons header from matondos cross that floated into the keepers hands counts yet it wasnt really troubling him, when you think back at the game bar the goal, did we have any chance you though "oh keeper has kept them in it there" i canny mind one at all

It is indeed.. hitting the bar or post doesnt count :pipe: 

23 minutes ago, toolongawake said:

Seems like a big proportion of players we're linked with are ones Beale knows from youth football.

Don't know anything about Sterling but would lean towards Johnston's potential and being home trained if we're looking at out of contract right backs.

edit - just looking at Sterling on YT and he does look very good to be fair. 

Sterling seems to be very highly rated by Stoke fans, seems he's been excellent for them all season in the Championship.

As far as English market signings go Sterling and Trusty sound like good targets. Mind you I don't think signing a RB solves any of the positions that we need but wouldn't hurt to sign a good player on a free. I also don't really rate Devine so having genuine competition there would be good. 

6 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Sterling seems to be very highly rated by Stoke fans, seems he's been excellent for them all season in the Championship.

As far as English market signings go Sterling and Trusty sound like good targets. Mind you I don't think signing a RB solves any of the positions that we need but wouldn't hurt to sign a good player on a free. I also don't really rate Devine so having genuine competition there would be good. 

I can't see Sterling coming to sit on the bench. 

17 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Been a load of online chatter about 2 players being offered new deals, you’d assume the other is Arfield unless we’ve lost the plot even worse than I thought. 

He said it in an interview that two players had been offered extensions.

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Take it Sterling will be on a decent wage at Chelsea can’t see him coming as back up, maybe looking at a back 3? 

Dunno why, but think they are maybe considering moving Tav into a centre mid kinda role so he doesn't have to bomb up and down as much since he is getting on a bit.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Dunno why, but think they are maybe considering moving Tav into a centre mid kinda role so he doesn't have to bomb up and down as much since he is getting on a bit.

I was thinking maybe a back 3 with Tav and Yilmaz wing backs 

4 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I was thinking maybe a back 3 with Tav and Yilmaz wing backs 

Possibly, but regardless I like the look of the guy, so hopefully something in it.

Probably be a case of if we sell Yilmaz this guy could come in as both cover to Tav and Barisic with a view to taking over.