General Transfer Talk

Broxi

2 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Btw one of jack, davis, arfield were always going to be offered a new deal, same way some of the “shite” squad players won’t leave, there will not be a cull of everyone fans don’t like, it’s just not going to happen.

i played champ manager back in the day and in one window would change over a whole squad but it does seem like many view it that way and as simplistic as that.

You do need some form of continuity, but if jack or davis or arfield were to stay around the squad whilst others were added i don’t think I’ll get too upset.

we won’t fix every single issue we have between June and September

We need to do as much as possible in summer and be in the title race come January, then we can strengthen again. 

The tarriers didn’t win the league last season on their summer recruitment, they did it by being in the hunt come January and strengthening then. Whilst we fannied on until the last day to get Ramsey, they’d signed Hatate, Maeda etc who all hit the ground running from Jan 1st. 

We need to do the same, get as close to them as possible in one window and then use Januarys recruitment to get above then. 

5 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Borna won’t be, don’t think sakala will either, not sure if lundstram will and if someone could take Roofe then he’d  probably be allowed to go also 

Don’t see Borna going unfortunately we’re probable more likely to sell Yilmaz to bring in cash, hopefully I’m wrong and Yilmaz can turn into the player we thought we were getting, he needs a decent run to see what he can do. 

2 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

We need to do as much as possible in summer and be in the title race come January, then we can strengthen again. 

The tarriers didn’t win the league last season on their summer recruitment, they did it by being in the hunt come January and strengthening then. Whilst we fannied on until the last day to get Ramsey, they’d signed Hatate, Maeda etc who all hit the ground running from Jan 1st. 

We need to do the same, get as close to them as possible in one window and then use Januarys recruitment to get above then. 

The league will be done by January with that strategy. We were poor before the January window, otherwise the league would have been done.

10 hours ago, Bronzy said:

According to the Scottish Sun, Jack is getting an extension.

Jacks done he runs like he's wading through treacle and in the old firm games just doesn't track the runners. Arfields the same age has caught up with them

9 hours ago, Madina said:

Can just see Jack and Arfield re-signing, maybe old man McGregor as well. Then Beale pulls out the "trump" card and says hes made up with Kent and he has signed on again. Yes the latter is highly unlikely but I wouldnt put anything past this shit show 

If this happens I'm genuinely out next season. Not putting my mental health at risk. 

2 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Btw one of jack, davis, arfield were always going to be offered a new deal, same way some of the “shite” squad players won’t leave, there will not be a cull of everyone fans don’t like, it’s just not going to happen.

i played champ manager back in the day and in one window would change over a whole squad but it does seem like many view it that way and as simplistic as that.

You do need some form of continuity, but if jack or davis or arfield were to stay around the squad whilst others were added i don’t think I’ll get too upset.

we won’t fix every single issue we have between June and September

The way I see it too, it's about needs. We need forwards far more than worrying about replacing Jack/Lundstram and a 5th/6th choice midfielder that's scored 9 this season from the bench at the moment.

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Not really that surprised about Colak tbh.

We might think he’s an ideal 2nd striker but the guy will want to be the main striker.

Pointless him being here as Beale does not know how to play a penalty box striker he has him running channels and coming back into midfield or playing on the right.

18 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

I said one of them will stay, that seems to be jack that’s it.

it’s done the world over whether you’d do it that way or not, you’re not involved in running a professional football club, there are players who are kept on at some of the biggest clubs on the planet for the reasons mentioned above, ffs muller is a on a different stratosphere to anything we have but he’s not now at Bayern for what he was in the past, it’s the experience, the know how, the club, the connection etc 

it will happen at nearly every club from Swansea with Lee trundle to Bayern with muller. (In saying that muller isn’t happy with his role now and is looking at going if it doesn’t change) 

I don’t know if I actually agree with it or not but it seems to be many many managers and clubs agree it should happen.

still think on his day jack can be vital to us, sadly he’s not always available 

You’re conflating several reasons there.

There is a valid reason to keep Jack because he fits a quota, is of a decent enough ability where you could cope if he played a few games. So if you can get him on sub 10k a week or pay to play that can make sense.

Continuity, club men etc reasons to keep players on who aren’t good enough I don’t think is common. McGregor, Davis and Arfield will be so far off the level required next season there is no way they should be at the club

One of the biggest reasons for us winning 55 was celtic retaining “celtic men” and “experienced” players who were miles off it ability wise. Brown, Griffiths, Duffy, Lennon as manager. They are miles better having purged their squad of them and brining in young, fit and hungry players from Japan

If you've got the choice of either Jack or Arfield for a new contract it would be Arfield for me. Jack's finished as a footballer at this level.

Only reason to keep Jack around will be as a 3rd choice DM vastly reduced contract which I doubt is what is actually happening.

The year is 2026 and young Midfielder Jack hopes to get fit for Rangers run in to the end of the season.

By all means offer a contract of 6-8k for Arfield as he fits a quota and can actually still contribute to a game but unless the physio room has a quota Jack should be binned.

33 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Don’t see Borna going unfortunately we’re probable more likely to sell Yilmaz to bring in cash, hopefully I’m wrong and Yilmaz can turn into the player we thought we were getting, he needs a decent run to see what he can do. 

Absolutely criminal if we dont sell borna on the last year of his contract after the morelos/kent situation.

31 year old Ryan Jack, who you will get 20-25 games from a season, isn’t the same commodity that 27 year old Ryan Jack was when he signed his last deal and I don’t think anybody at the club will be expecting him to play 40-50 games a season, but Beale obviously feels he’s valuable to have around.

I bet he will sign the new deal and the wages (which no cunt on here will know even though they will pretend that they do) will probably be significantly reduced as they will reflect his age, his reduced role in the squad and how many games he’s likely to play.

Just now, Stunels said:

Absolutely criminal if we dont sell borna on the last year of his contract after the morelos/kent situation.

Completely different situations tbh.

Kent and Morleos are walking out the door at the peak of their careers as assets who we should have made significant money on.

Barisic is a past his peak 30 year old left back.

2 minutes ago, Stunels said:

Borna will be 31 later this year so its a different situation from letting the contract run down on players who should be in their prime and wanted by other clubs.

3 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

31 year old Ryan Jack, who you will get 20-25 games from a season, isn’t the same commodity that 27 year old Ryan Jack was when he signed his last deal and I don’t think anybody at the club will be expecting him to play 40-50 games a season, but Beale obviously feels he’s valuable to have around.

I bet he will sign the new deal and the wages (which no cunt on here will know even though they will pretend that they) will probably be significantly reduced as they will reflect his age, his reduced role in the squad and how many games he’s likely to play.

They won't be.