Summer will see the biggest changes at Rangers in years

Loyal72

30 minutes ago, Madina said:

The Dowell rumour seems to be gathering pace. I dont know much about him but he seems to have a injury record. Only us

Only played more than 30 games in a season once and that was his first full season, since then he seems to have been riddled with niggling injuries.

Games (starts)

2022-23: 25 (15)
2021-22: 24 (13)
2020-21: 26 (14
2019-20: 23 (21)
2018-19: 19 (11)
2017-18: 43 (36)

2 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

Only played more than 30 games in a season once and that was his first full season, since then he seems to have been riddled with niggling injuries.

Games (starts)

Good to see we are learning our lessons on signing players with injury problems. As Beale has said it’s Beale who is in charge of signings therefore its Beale who’ll be losing his job when these guys aren’t available.

1 minute ago, B1872 said:

Good to see we are learning our lessons on signing players with injury problems. As Beale has said it’s Beale who is in charge of signings therefore its Beale who’ll be losing his job when these guys aren’t available.

You see how many caps he won with England at variour age groups as he was coming through and he clearly had a high ceiling at one point, I get the temptation to take a chance because if he realises that potential here he could be an unreal signing but I wonder what Beale thinks we can do differently to get more games out of him because it's not something we're exactly renowned for.

The cynic in me thinks Roofe has realised changes are happening and he might not be able to comfortably pick up a wage doing fuck all now hence why we have this soundbite. But that's just being cynical cause I'm fucked off with all things Rangers.

20 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

You see how many caps he won with England at variour age groups as he was coming through and he clearly had a high ceiling at one point, I get the temptation to take a chance because if he realises that potential here he could be an unreal signing but I wonder what Beale thinks we can do differently to get more games out of him because it's not something we're exactly renowned for.

Jordan Rossiter springs to mind.  

1 hour ago, NixonRFC said:

Games (starts)

Classic Rangers signing.

33 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

How many of these players with questionable injury records has actually worked out for us? 

45 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

Games (starts)

Grim. Why do we never learn? So much money spunked up the medical room wall

1 hour ago, NixonRFC said:

Games (starts)

He may have been available but unselected.

How many games he's missed due to injury would be a more relevant stat 👍

2 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

The cynic in me thinks Roofe has realised changes are happening and he might not be able to comfortably pick up a wage doing fuck all now hence why we have this soundbite. But that's just being cynical cause I'm fucked off with all things Rangers.

Don't think he wants to sit at home injured to be honest. Probably another case of our medical team being abysmal.

At this point nobody is going to take a huge part of his wage so might as well just give him the season and get what we can from him.

2 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Eh? This makes zero sense whatsoever cynical or not.

35 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Don't think he wants to sit at home injured to be honest. Probably another case of our medical team being abysmal.

At this point nobody is going to take a huge part of his wage so might as well just give him the season and get what we can from him.

Of course he doesn't but it's fuck all to do with our medical team. He was injury prone when we bought him. Alas he was always injured.

5 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Of course he doesn't but it's fuck all to do with our medical team. He was injury prone when we bought him. Alas he was always injured.

He was injury prone, but how many players seem to get worse or have about 8 different diagnosis before we get to the bottom of it? We've had huge issues for years with it.

36 minutes ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

averaged 9 games a season over 9 years, with one of those being 35 - grim. (take that anomaly out and it's 6)

Bit harsh to average it over a 9 year period when he's only just turned 26 last month. You're going back to when he was 16.

He's averaged around 23 games a season over the last 5 years and probably would have played close to 50 this season if not for his injury.

3 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Bit harsh to average it over a 9 year period when he's only just turned 26 last month. You're going back to when he was 16.

He's averaged around 23 games a season over the last 5 years and probably would have played close to 50 this season if not for his injury.

mate I think he's only ever played about 85 games - edit, not seen this year's  total though he is still made of soggy biscuits

6 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

He was injury prone, but how many players seem to get worse or have about 8 different diagnosis before we get to the bottom of it? We've had huge issues for years with it.

I agree..We've had horrendous issues with injuries. This year has been one of the worst I can remember but I'm no sure how our medical department can be responsible for these especially when we have injury prone players like Roofe, Ryan Jack, Felipe Helander, John Souttar etc.