Twitter/WhatsApp Takeover rumour

2 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

To be honest, unless its some Saudi Prince who takes us over, I think we are utterly fucked in terms of transfer kitty due to Financial Fair Play.

Even if some mob with cash come in, they cant just throw us it to spend as its not revenue.

The Saudis dont really give a shit, as they will just backdoor the cash through dodgy sponsorship schemes and the likes. They will probably spend £100m to shadow the club £50m in revenue as it means fuck all to them. 

Genuinely wouldn't want it. Utterly soul destroying.

6 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Only way I could see it is if this European Super League was happening with more teams and we were going to be in it. Would be one of the cheaper teams to get.

Fuck being in the super League after our Champions League effort. 6 games was bad enough nevermind a full season :lol:

29 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

The Super League is a replacement for the Champions League not domestic competition, why would it happening lead to an invite to the EPL?

Not something to do with not being granted the right license to play in a UEFA governed / overseen league if they went down the Super League route?

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Not something to do with not being granted the right license to play in a UEFA governed / overseen league if they went down the Super League route?

Not sure. Fans of English teams already blocked them joining the Super League, can't see them allowing it if it means no domestic football at all.

Did i hear something about Uefa giving the go-ahead for a revamped Atlantic League recently?

To be honest, I doubt any takeover is anything related to some league switch though.

The current holders are unlikely to sell for buttons if its likely in a couple of years their holding will be worth far more.

I would certainly be in favour of either switching to England or some other Euro style league, preferably if it was a replacement for the domestic comp instead of for continental comps.

1 hour ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

The Super League is a replacement for the Champions League not domestic competition, why would it happening lead to an invite to the EPL?

Where each countries fa's not saying they would kick them out the domestic leagues if they joined , awful idea anyway