Welcome to Rangers! Jack Butland!

Loyal72

27 minutes ago, left winger said:

He's obviously an upgrade on McGregor at the end of his career. Upgrade on McGregor at his best? That's a different matter. So far.

I get what he means though. McGregor was an unbelievable shot stopper but terrible at crosses or with his feet. Butland is an excellent all round keeper.

5 minutes ago, Stunels said:

Hes an outstanding keeper in this league - hope the big man is enjoying himself and has a few good pals in the squad Id love him to stay another year at least.

He wants to win trophies so unless a team as big as us in another country come in I think he’ll be here for his 4 year deal.

8 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

The thing McGregor had was longevity. Up until his last season he was immense season in, season out. 

I would argue Butland is around the level McGregor was, but he needs to keep it up another 3-4 years to be able to be compared to McGregor.

McGregor wouldn't come for crosses in his last 2 seasons resulting in us losing a fair few goals. However, he was still capable of world class saves. 

Butland is excellent at commanding his box and crosses, and makes great saves. I'm not quite sure he has the same reflexes that AM had though, or has that same level of 'saving the unsavable' yet. 

That said, I feel much more confident in our defence with JB in goals than I did in AM's last two seasons! 

32 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Shagger & The Goalie. Butland is superb but still has a way to go to emulate those two, however he is no doubt well on his way to being mentioned in the same company of Klos & Woods.

Agree. He will get there I think. He's only missing one or two 'how the fuck did he do that' moments. 

16 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

I'm gonna get slagged but he's an upgrade on mcgregor. All round goalie.

I'm not sure there is anyone who could have done what McGregor did for us at times. 

His ability to pull out an X Factor moment at Rangers was outstanding. His shot stopping was as good as anyone, but it is undeniable that it was his all round game is what prevented him getting to the top. To be fair, for a keeper who's game was based on reactions and instinct, still going strong at 40 was an achievement.

Butland however is a better all round goalie, and he is thriving at Rangers.

2 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Keep forgetting we still have Jon McLaughlin on the books.

Not in 1st team thoughts, not in B team squad. Contract up this summer. Age 36. What exactly does he do for a living?

Full time professional football player for Glasgow Rangers. 

35 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Keep forgetting we still have Jon McLaughlin on the books.

Not in 1st team thoughts, not in B team squad. Contract up this summer. Age 36. What exactly does he do for a living?

Was reciting burns poems in RTV video recently. You forget hes there. 

Clement said he wouldnt let mccrorie leave as if he did he would have no backup GK. Says it all.