***** Rangers vs Newcastle United *****

graeme_4

Just now, RFC55 said:

Thought at the back it was the same goals we conceded the night as last season 

Cause it was pretty much the same defence that's given us problems these last couple years.

That area needs as much addressing as the forward options tbh. Proper money.

1 minute ago, Loyal72 said:

Cause it was pretty much the same defence that's given us problems these last couple years.

That area needs as much addressing as the forward options tbh. Proper money.

Defo need one maybe 2 

4 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Thought at the back it was the same goals we conceded the night as last season 

This.

Seen the same wee flicks and pitter patter clearance attempts, we gave them 2 or 3 follow ups at one stage cause we couldn't get the ball outta feet and just clear it to fuck!

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

Defo need one maybe 2 

For example - their first goal was lauded as masterful by Tom Miller, but it really fucking wasn't.

I've seen Hibs score similar against us lately. Defence shuts down, Borna's abandoned the man outwide for an easy run in and finish round the keeper.

1 minute ago, tayside said:

Take your point but iam seriously disappointed in that performance and scared of going into another season with feck all in attack 

Just because our attack didn't all gel in our first "real" preseason game doesn't mean it's not any better than last year. 

If I remember correctly Matondo looked fucking amazing in preseason last year and look how that turned out. Should never look too much into friendlies, especially playing against a top Epl side. 

5 minutes ago, GOAT said:

People moaning about a friendly against the richest team on the planet. 🙈

I think no matter friendly or not there is a lot to learn. I thought lots of positives tonight. What was clear for me though was that some of the glaring issues of last season remain and need to be fixed. It was clear even in a friendly that players that cost us last season still lack the quality and attitude to take us forward. Use the last few weeks of the window well to move them on and get some fresh faces in I and I think we will be in a good place. 

Just now, Inigo said:

Obv just a friendly, but even then it's obvious still that Jack and Lundstram should be nowhere near our firt 11.

Both of them starting together is an accident waiting to happen. Cumbersome, technically not good enough and too slow of thought to pass out from the back in tight spaces consistently.

On the plus side, only a year until they’re both out of contract. Would be delighted if we could sell JL this summer and happy to keep Jack as a cheap backup. 

33 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Yeah, I'm meaning more for goals mate. Have always quite liked Wright for creating chances tbf....tries like fuck. Just not enough end product. 

Honest :D Not trying to be negative! :lol:

Don’t get me wrong - I agree he isn’t good enough for us. But there’s a player in there if he can find some consistency. Just not at our level yet. 

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Obv just a friendly, but even then it's obvious still that Jack and Lundstram should be nowhere near our firt 11.

Both of them starting together is an accident waiting to happen. Cumbersome, technically not good enough and too slow of thought to pass out from the back in tight spaces consistently.

Miles better when Raskin came on. Look fwd to seeing more of him this season. 

Boring aimless football played by some really average players  You don't get quality by spending 8 million on 7 players and I don't see any sign that Beale is a clever coach. We are predictable. Best hope is that celtic employ the same biscuit tin we have to build a squad

2 minutes ago, bassettger said:

Boring aimless football played by some really average players  You don't get quality by spending 8 million on 7 players and I don't see any sign that Beale is a clever coach. We are predictable. Best hope is that celtic employ the same biscuit tin we have to build a squad

Pay your victims