***** The Official Servette v Rangers Champions League Qualifier Match Thread *****

PromDeAnglais

18 hours ago, Boybluesy said:

Looking like a poor decision already.

😂😂 Matondo turns up for 20 mins, first time since Real Madrid last pre-season and it’s a poor decision to leave him out of the squad. 

Hopefully he’ll push on from his 20 mins on Sat and be in squad next time it can be changed.

25 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I know Matondo had a good 15 minutes, but I’m quite surprised at the about turn from worst player ever to should be starting a European game (even for Rangers fans). 

He cant play I don't think anyway as he was not picked as part of the Euro squad.

26 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I know Matondo had a good 15 minutes, but I’m quite surprised at the about turn from worst player ever to should be starting a European game (even for Rangers fans). 

I don't rate Matondo but there is no denying the difference in the team when him and Sima came on. Play on form and what works. Who knows, players can be different with difference players around them.

3 hours ago, Smile said:

We wont lose this they are a very average team and I'm sure we will get goals against them.

It suits us as they have to come out to win.

I think they will defend for all their worth, keep a clean sheet and hit us on the break.

They'd be very happy to win 1-0 and then take it to extra time and penalties. 

It's up to us to score the first goal and unsettle them.

42 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I think they will defend for all their worth, keep a clean sheet and hit us on the break.

They'd be very happy to win 1-0 and then take it to extra time and penalties. 

It's up to us to score the first goal and unsettle them.

Yes, they may do I'm hoping their first sell out crowd makes them push forward looking for a goal and we finish the game quite quickly.

We have enough to beat them as I never saw much from them to think they could trouble us but we have all thought that and been wrong, Not this time though. 

Butland 

Tav     Goldson  Souttar  Barisic

Raskin Jack Dowell

Cantwell 

Sima Danilo 

Cifuentes, Lammers, Dessers. Options from bench only if needed

1 hour ago, Rowley Birkin said:

whit?!?! a player everyone thought was away in turkey is in our euro squad but a player we need for his speed isnt:confused:

fucking pathetic if true

Not sure if serious but I will take the bait…

We are limited to the number of players we can register which is reduced as we have limited players who meet the homegrown / academy product requirements. Wright qualifies as a homegrown player so while he is at the club it makes sense to include him as otherwise it is a space we can’t fill. Matondo doesn’t so if we included him someone else in the squad can’t be registered.

1 hour ago, Rowley Birkin said:

whit?!?! a player everyone thought was away in turkey is in our euro squad but a player we need for his speed isnt:confused:

fucking pathetic if true

They are both pish players,  but Montondo is progressing and Wright is regressing.