The Michael Beale Thread.

DavieMacRFC

10 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

Stop fucking nit picking. If Lawrence has been back in full training for a few weeks and is available for selection in the match day squad then it's clear that's what Beale means when he says he's fully fit. 

Lawrence knowing himself that he's not at 100% of his capabilites due to lack of game time, match sharpness, form built up over a run of games etc is also true but its not a major fucking issue between the two of them. 

Sack Beale though. 

He is surely fit enough to play until the inevitable 60 minute round of substitutions.

We should have the game in the bag by then in theory. 

42 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Most managers these days will look at the stats. That’s why teams are so overcoached and almost clinical in there approach to roles and tactics these days.

“Vibes” managers, for want of a better term, are pretty much a thing of the past. 

I think stats matter but it can't be the only thing in my mind. In any successful team, you need cohesion, identity, focus, effort - that willing to run through walls for each other. We seem to lack any of that on the pitch. What I have noticed is lots of players arguing between themselves on the pitch.

13 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

He is surely fit enough to play until the inevitable 60 minute round of substitutions.

We should have the game in the bag by then in theory. 

Just need to get the win obviously. But I want to see some sort of style of play rather than the shit we've mainly been served up. 

He said in his PC we need to play with more intensity. Surely it's not taken him the best part of 14/15 games to realise that, honest to fuck that should be a given! 

2 hours ago, theiconicman said:

That's a shit argument.

Why? If it was the last kick of the ball then it’s a huge decision, but it was 30 mins in so who knows how the game plays out. All I’m saying is if we were good enough we’d have scored in the remaining 60 mins and not conceded but we lost 1-0 for those 60 mins.

2 hours ago, shaka said:

What if every time we score they disallow it.  How do you win if they won't allow you to?

We can either just accept it and let them keep getting away with it, remain behind them or start fighting back.

:lol: Wtf??!

So hypothetically we were so good that we scored 10 goals and all were disallowed even if sometimes there was not even a hint of any infringement, scoring from 30 yards where it doesn’t strike any player and goes straight in but they disallow it?

The first ”goal” was clearly offside and the second “goal” was never clear cut hence the multiple pages of debate and different views from pundits, ex-referees etc..

If we had been good enough we would have scored again, at least once against their makeshift defence.

Hard listen, came across more defensive of himself than the team/unit.

Rolling out stats, talking about 'fine margins' in a game that shouldn't have come down to fine margins, when the bigger issue was the game plan and performance.
When asked about whether tomorrow is a must win, talked about 'they must win' in context of his players.

Rather than talk about 'its time they settled' maybe its time you settled on a team, system and way of playing, with the players you brought in Michael?

He's not a leader, and get the impression he is just hoping things click.  This has an air of inevitability about it.

25 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Why? If it was the last kick of the ball then it’s a huge decision, but it was 30 mins in so who knows how the game plays out. All I’m saying is if we were good enough we’d have scored in the remaining 60 mins and not conceded but we lost 1-0 for those 60 mins.

So hypothetically we were so good that we scored 10 goals and all were disallowed even if sometimes there was not even a hint of any infringement, scoring from 30 yards where it doesn’t strike any player and goes straight in but they disallow it?

The first ”goal” was clearly offside and the second “goal” was never clear cut hence the multiple pages of debate and different views from pundits, ex-referees etc..

If we had been good enough we would have scored again, at least once against their makeshift defence.

If it wasn't clear-cut as you say, then it can't be overturned by VAR. That's the bigger issue at play.

Yes, we should have buried one or two in the second half and if Dessers, Danilo, and Lammers don't start taking their chances, Beale will pay the price and it's guillotine time.

31 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

4 hours ago, Nk89 said:

What will it be like amongst the fans towards Beale if we manage to win the next 5 or 6 games? 

My point being the time for wanting rid of the manager has passed for the time being, all we can do is support and hope for a good run & momentum 

I think he needs to beat Betis to show he can win big games, any slip up in the league against Diddy teams and he is toast. 

2 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

People need to get over Roofe’s goal being disallowed. Shoe on the other foot we wouldn’t be complaining about the decision.

We weren’t cheated. We were shite.

We werent cheated out of three points, but we were cheated out a perfectly good goal. However, we needed to do so much better.