The Michael Beale Thread.

DavieMacRFC

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Fwiw I’ve said before both Gio and Beale were lazy appointments. They were popular names on twitter at the time and we seemed to appoint both without anyone else even getting a look in.

It’s why Muscat being the new twitter favourite gives me the fear.

The Muscat stuff is just a retread of the last two appointments. Hope we get lucky based on fuck all. This one’s even more egregious imo because it’s basically ‘he worked with Ange so hopefully he’s just a carbon copy’

32 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Not a chance of that. Guys still being paid a mint by Chelsea and his demands are well beyond us.

We are not a very attractive prospect tbh. Fans demand we beat a team with a 30 million head start and our squad is full of pish.

Rangers NEXT MANAGER CANDIDATES

Kevin Muscat 7/2

Jesse Marsch 7/1

Ralph Hasenhuttl 8/1

Kjetil Knutsen 9/1

Marcelo Bielsa 10/1

Gennaro Gattuso 12/1

Graham Potter 14/1

Ruud Van Nistelrooy 16/1

Scott Parker 16/1

Andre Villas-Boas 20/1

Jon Dahl Tomasson 28/1

Derek McInnes 33/1

Sam Allardyce 33/1

Chris Wilder 33/1

Alex Neil 40/1

Frank Lampard 40/1

John Terry 40/1

Joachim Low 50/1

Dean Smith 50/1

Steven Gerrard 50/1

Gio Van Bronckhorst 50/1

Carlos Corberan 66/1

David Wagner 66/1

Paul Heckington 66/1

Michael Carrick 66/1

Darren Moore 66/1

Nigel Pearson 66/1

Neil Warnock 66/1

Paul Ince 80/1

Nathan Jones 80/1

Dick Advocaat 100/1

Duncan Ferguson 200/1

Barry Ferguson 250/1

Neil Lennon 1000/1

11 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Fwiw I’ve said before both Gio and Beale were lazy appointments. They were popular names on twitter at the time and we seemed to appoint both without anyone else even getting a look in.

It’s why Muscat being the new twitter favourite gives me the fear.

Tbf I think the vast majority of fans were behind GVB appointment.

10 minutes ago, ayrshireranger said:

Kevin Muscat 7/2

Jesse Marsch 7/1

Ralph Hasenhuttl 8/1

Kjetil Knutsen 9/1

Marcelo Bielsa 10/1

Gennaro Gattuso 12/1

Graham Potter 14/1

Ruud Van Nistelrooy 16/1

Scott Parker 16/1

Andre Villas-Boas 20/1

Jon Dahl Tomasson 28/1

Derek McInnes 33/1

Sam Allardyce 33/1

Chris Wilder 33/1

Alex Neil 40/1

Frank Lampard 40/1

John Terry 40/1

Joachim Low 50/1

Dean Smith 50/1

Steven Gerrard 50/1

Gio Van Bronckhorst 50/1

Carlos Corberan 66/1

David Wagner 66/1

Paul Heckington 66/1

Michael Carrick 66/1

Darren Moore 66/1

Nigel Pearson 66/1

Neil Warnock 66/1

Paul Ince 80/1

Nathan Jones 80/1

Dick Advocaat 100/1

Duncan Ferguson 200/1

Barry Ferguson 250/1

Neil Lennon 1000/1

Can't believe Almeyda's not on there.

None of the managerial suggestions are particularly exciting. And given our total lack of ability to uncover hidden gems in the playing department, I don’t hold out much hope for a manager.

But I would probably err on the side of trying to go for someone who has been successful at multiple jobs potentially at a lower level.

Than a bigger name who’s had one good season and been sacked by 2-3 clubs. Which seems like a lot of that list.

That screams more luck than actual ability as a manager. (Which was unfortunately what Postecoglou was. Very rare for a manager to be as successful in as many roles as he has been).

18 minutes ago, ayrshireranger said:

Kevin Muscat 7/2

Jesse Marsch 7/1

Ralph Hasenhuttl 8/1

Kjetil Knutsen 9/1

Marcelo Bielsa 10/1

Gennaro Gattuso 12/1

Graham Potter 14/1

Ruud Van Nistelrooy 16/1

Scott Parker 16/1

Andre Villas-Boas 20/1

Jon Dahl Tomasson 28/1

Derek McInnes 33/1

Sam Allardyce 33/1

Chris Wilder 33/1

Alex Neil 40/1

Frank Lampard 40/1

John Terry 40/1

Joachim Low 50/1

Dean Smith 50/1

Steven Gerrard 50/1

Gio Van Bronckhorst 50/1

Carlos Corberan 66/1

David Wagner 66/1

Paul Heckington 66/1

Michael Carrick 66/1

Darren Moore 66/1

Nigel Pearson 66/1

Neil Warnock 66/1

Paul Ince 80/1

Nathan Jones 80/1

Dick Advocaat 100/1

Duncan Ferguson 200/1

Barry Ferguson 250/1

Neil Lennon 1000/1

Cheers

IMG_2949.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

Tbf I think the vast majority of fans were behind GVB appointment.

I dont care what anyone says, gio carries the can for not winning the title, but theres not a manager in the world right now who'd have took that shitebag outfit of players and won the league against a tarrier side that dropped 4pts only after the winter break

When the pressure is on, that gerrard squad shat the bed more times than any other squad in our lifetime

Even under walter wouldn't have kept the lead after the winter break with that squad, he'd have absolutely ripped it up and started again in the summer mind you

4 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

None of the managerial suggestions are particularly exciting. And given our total lack of ability to uncover hidden gems in the playing department, I don’t hold out much hope for a manager.

But I would probably err on the side of trying to go for someone who has been successful at multiple jobs potentially at a lower level.

Than a bigger name who’s had one good season and been sacked by 2-3 clubs. Which seems like a lot of that list.

That screams more luck than actual ability as a manager. (Which was unfortunately what Postecoglou was. Very rare for a manager to be as successful in as many roles as he has been).

One thing that fat aussie does most likely is he susses out whats needed to dominate domestically and focuses on that and that only and then tries to wing it elsewhere, 

We have managers who treat our domestic game like its the CL, 

4 hours ago, Fear no foe said:

I think we did Gerrard a disservice on how he set up, Beale got all the plaudits for it but even watching us last season when Beale came in you could see he didn't have the tactics or style of play that Gerrard had. 

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think we did Gerrard a disservice on how he set up, Beale got all the plaudits for it but even watching us last season when Beale came in you could see he didn't have the tactics or style of play that Gerrard had. 

Maybe cause gerrard had more authority over the players, they seen gerrard as the gaffer, they maybe see beale as a coach/pal

15 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Maybe cause gerrard had more authority over the players, they seen gerrard as the gaffer, they maybe see beale as a coach/pal

I just think Under Gerrard we played a system all the players could play and they all bought into it. Under Beale we have too many players who have a free role and the team has no structure to it. Gerrard would obviously have that special ingredient top players have and would be seen as a idol by most players and would not want to let him down.

36 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Agreed. It’s becoming clearer by the day that saying Beale was the reason behind the Gerrard success would be like saying Ally was the brains behind Walters success the second time around.