Morelos statement

SuperAli

Gutted how it all ended and highlights the complete clown show we are in terms of not moving him on for profit when we could.

But yes wish him all the best. Cracking player at his best and served us well.

I'm taking it the people who are absolutely slating him for downing tools are consistent and call laudrup a cunt as well.

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

I’d take him back tomorrow. At least he doesn’t shit it in a 50/50

Just can’t get my head round this at all.

Won two trophies in his 5+ years here, plagued with bad attitude / decisions, and absolutely downed tools for the last 12 months. The whole world can see it, to the point he’s joined a relegation candidate in Brazil (when peak Morelos should have been looking at a top 5 league club).

I get he was the first decent player to really connect with the fans since 2012, but the old Morelos is gone. The guy that’s left is a shell of a player. 

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Won two trophies in his 5+ years here, plagued with bad attitude / decisions, and absolutely downed tools for the last 12 months. The whole world can see it, to the point he’s joined a relegation candidate in Brazil (when peak Morelos should have been looking at a top 5 league club).

I get he was the first decent player to really connect with the fans since 2012, but the old Morelos is gone. The guy that’s left is a shell of a player. 

But he wouldn’t shit out a 50/50 with a scum cunt. 

Some great times from him, and some grim times.

When it comes to the crunch, though, I don’t give a shit what any goodbye message from him says.

I do give a shit, though, that he thinks he can post some meaningless garbage to curry some favour from us, when he’s ripped the pish for at least a season.

4 hours ago, JockWallace said:

I have no time for Morelos. I feel he cost us as many games as he won for us. I felt that he only saw us as a stepping stone. He always had one eye on the door. The fact that he couldn’t even be bothered to learn the language spoke volumes. I lost all respect for him when he got sent off against Hibs , dropping g us to 9 men and he was laughing while walking off the park. Some supporters idolised him but, I feel that’s the younger ones who have never seen some of the true talent we have seen at Ibrox. 

You are correct to say in the last decade we have been starved of talent. However Alfredo was a indeed a flawed player who we got for 1 Million and returned that investment many times over (just look at the amount of players we have signed for this or more since he came). His goals got us to the group stages at least once and possibly twice by scoring the winning (our only) goal in the playoff.

He may well have had one eye on the door because basically every single transfer window there was numerous links with other clubs and our CEO at the time named his price for his departure. I already mentioned he was flawed and he is not alone in being a player who regularly makes stupid mistakes which leads to his sending off. That is probably one of the reasons we where able to keep him for so long.

As for learning the language Kyogo still gets interviewed with an interpreter after 2 years despite coming from Japan where English is compulsory in schools and universities. Do you think that mob are raging at him. Some people take longer to learn a language whilst others learn but are not comfortable in speaking it all the time.

I won't let the emotion since Sunday taint my view. I  was at Ibrox shouting "Alfredo, Alfredo", I was also at Ibrox thinking "for fuck sake Alfie", just like we all did. Unfortunately, he let us down at the end, but he does hold a Rangers record and for that I wish him well. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Bang on.

I only want players who want to be here and will give everything for the fans. It's not much to ask for

Morelos was flawed to put it politely but he gave us so many happy moments and at his peak he was brilliant.  It's a shame his career never took off, mainly his own fault to be fair but I would give anything to have a peak Morelos back in the team.

Morelos will retire at about 30 with a head full of regrets, had it all at his feet but he was far too fond of booze, burds and the adulation from star struck fans in clubs, he should be in the EPL smashing defenders about and scoring goals but he's plodding away now in Brazil, four months after the season ended, his attitude was a disgrace and his lack of goals in the League cost us so many times and his lack of goals against that mob cost us so many trophies.