***** The Official St Johnstone v Rangers Match Thread *****

PromDeAnglais

I was writing to say Cifuentes has paid a heavy price for not coping against a PSV midfield, but then I just heard Beale explain why so no complaints with Lundstram starting.

I like the front 3/4 players. About time.

I'm not sure what Ridvan has done to deserve this chance, but good luck to him.

14 minutes ago, B1872 said:

The issue people have is he’s a fucking walking contradiction. This starting 11 is all over the place and it has been all season. It’s clear he’s no idea what his best starting 11 is and he’s thrown shit at the wall to see if it sticks. He genuinely said yesterday “tomorrow we’ll see our best 11”. That best 11 consists of a centre back he’s trying sell, a left back he hasn’t included in his European squad and only 3 of his summer signings. Surely you can’t see this is a cluster fuck?

Yeh I mean it hasn’t looked great. And I’ve moaned at length about the recruitment. But I do think this is pretty close to the best 11 he has available today.

Not sure why Danilo hasn’t featured more. Maybe just a fitness thing.

But I think he wants 4-5 technically sound and creative players up front. And for the first time this season we’re seeing something that resembles that. I know I’m just being an optimist and everything has been pretty crap but I’m not writing him off just yet.. But it needs to start showing improvements today

Davies or Souttar is like picking between a kick in the balls from Albertz or a punch in the balls from Mike Tyson.

Lundstram has arguably been our best midfielder this season. I think people are just ingrained to give him shit.(not saying he hasn’t been shit for most of his time here)

I think we have all seen enough to confidently say that Cifu and Raskin do not compliment each other at all wether it’s a 2 or a 3.

Raskin needs to improve his tempo and release the ball much quicker. Too often does he hang on to the ball or drive forward into dead space. The ball moves quicker than any player on the pitch… get it going.

I think Lawrence will make a massive difference today. 

2 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Yeh I mean it hasn’t looked great. And I’ve moaned at length about the recruitment. But I do think this is pretty close to the best 11 he has available today.

Not sure why Danilo hasn’t featured more. Maybe just a fitness thing.

But I think he wants 4-5 technically sound and creative players up front. And for the first time this season we’re seeing something that resembles that. I know I’m just being an optimist and everything has been pretty crap but I’m not writing him off just yet.. But it needs to start showing improvements today

Beale just said he's been dealing with a few things away from football.

27 minutes ago, B1872 said:

The issue people have is he’s a fucking walking contradiction. This starting 11 is all over the place and it has been all season. It’s clear he’s no idea what his best starting 11 is and he’s thrown shit at the wall to see if it sticks. He genuinely said yesterday “tomorrow we’ll see our best 11”. That best 11 consists of a centre back he’s trying sell, a left back he hasn’t included in his European squad and only 3 of his summer signings. Surely you can’t see this is a cluster fuck?

If he’d have played the same 11 as the last game bar anyone now injured you’d be moaning like the bell end you are about that too.

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Don't think we can say anything when it comes to that. Could very well be having issues since the move.

But Beale was still selecting him, and bringing him on, he looked determined whenever he came on, didn't look to have any issues.

It's a cop out, because as you say we can't say anything when it comes to that.