Dessers

BigBearButt

5 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but that’s him scored against every Premiership team this season?

Wrong he hasn’t scored against Killie or Aberdeen yet.

We need better than Dessers but if we can't sell him on i wouldn't be against keeping him as a second choice No9.

He may also be one of those players that improves in his second season.

32 minutes ago, Gascoigne's Flute said:

Done well yesterday, put the ball in the net and gave his all. Still think we need a better finisher next season however.

He really didn't do well. Other than his goal which was decent no9 play he contributed little. Their CHs had an easy afternoon against him.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He really didn't do well. Other than his goal which was decent no9 play he contributed little. Their CHs had an easy afternoon against him.

He’s not of the required standard. Tries his best but we need someone a lot more clinical. Nothing personal against the big guy but we need a better forward 3 that he should be no part of. 

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Didn't think he was given great chances to score to be honest and when we went down to 10 men he was on his own upfront.

27 minutes ago, Gascoigne's Flute said:

Didn't think he was given great chances to score to be honest and when we went down to 10 men he was on his own upfront.

I expect our no9 to create and take chances, hold play up and bring others into play, to work CHs and stop them from freely strolling into the midfield. In the current system to be in the right place to keep possession from our longer balls from defence. That's as a minimum. Other than his goal he didn't really deliver on any of that.

His only impact was a finish that was good because he was where a no9 should be, but for me it's not enough overall from a Rangers centre forward.

He's got some good attributes like never hiding but we need better - he's just not a natural goalscorer . Yes , over 20 goals is a good return but he's missing too many and at important times in important games .

He's mot going to get any better because he's not learning from his mistakes . It's the same mistake now as it was at the start of the season of taking too long on the ball . 

12 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I expect our no9 to create and take chances, hold play up and bring others into play, to work CHs and stop them from freely strolling into the midfield. In the current system to be in the right place to keep possession from our longer balls from defence. That's as a minimum. Other than his goal he didn't really deliver on any of that.

His only impact was a finish that was good because he was where a no9 should be, but for me it's not enough overall from a Rangers centre forward.

Boyd wasn't the greatest at any of that in his peak for us but I'd have a striker like that in a heartbeat that could tuck away chances. Not too bothered about the other stuff if you have a striker that has good positioning in the box that scores goals to win you matches.

54 minutes ago, Gascoigne's Flute said:

Big guy is not going to make us winners again.He is nowhere near good enough for a successful Rangers.

Whatever that is nowadays.

He wasn't the worst player yesterday and he was working with minimal service from a honking midfield and even more pathetic defence.

Just now, Godfrey100 said:

Big guy is not going to make us winners again.He is nowhere near good enough for a successful Rangers.

Whatever that is nowadays.

He wasn't the worst player yesterday and he was working with minimal service from a honking midfield and even more pathetic defence.

Yeah agree mate he need better. Hopefully a team sees his goal scoring record which looks good on paper and buys him.

2 minutes ago, Gascoigne's Flute said:

Yeah agree mate he need better. Hopefully a team sees his goal scoring record which looks good on paper and buys him.

With luck.We get offers for most of this cross we have.Just bight anyone's hands off with first offers😀

7 minutes ago, Gascoigne's Flute said:

Boyd wasn't the greatest at any of that in his peak for us but I'd have a striker like that in a heartbeat that could tuck away chances. Not too bothered about the other stuff if you have a striker that has good positioning in the box that scores goals to win you matches.

If that's all they give then you need a system and other players that allows for it, and a player who delivers.

We don't have the system that creates the chances for a no9 who has no other responsibilities than to be there to score, nor players capable of playing well enough to accommodate doing the extra work required to allow for it. And Dessers is nowhere near as clinical and instinctive as Boyd was.

Like so much in football times have moved on. 

Pretty isolated yesterday and caught on his heels a couple of times where there might have been something on for him if he made a run to open things up. I like him but apart from the goal it wasn’t a great game for him.

If we can get our money back on him I’d sell. Goals per games ratio is good. Goals per chances ratio is honking.

Despite all the misses and the frustration, he’s got 29 goal contributions this season which is actually a fantastic return.

We absolutely need to get somebody in to lighten the load on him a bit which means we aren’t having to lean on him so much, and if an offer came in for him I think we should be considering it, but we have far worse players who actively need to be chased in the Summer before we start looking to chase Dessers out of the club.