Dessers

BigBearButt

9 minutes ago, Badger said:

The first goal just further adds to the mystery of the enigma that is Dessers.

Dessers has spent most of his Rangers career looking like the type of journeyman that rocks up at St Johnstone or Ross County, but there is no denying that there have been some bits of brilliance in amongst a lot of average.

For average read dross.

9 minutes ago, Badger said:

The first goal just further adds to the mystery of the enigma that is Dessers.

Dessers has spent most of his Rangers career looking like the type of journeyman that rocks up at St Johnstone or Ross County, but there is no denying that there have been some bits of brilliance in amongst a lot of average.

The second goal is equally as good which I didn't realise in real time. His touch to make the space for the shot was outstanding and I wish we seen more of that from him. 

16 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

If all you ever saw was teletext scores or vidiprinter updates then you’d think he was good, pity we see all of the guff in between.

The one thing I’ll say in his defence is he never hides

The one thing apart from 19 goals and 7 assists is he never hides 

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

The one thing apart from 19 goals and 7 assists is he never hides 

I’m not doubting it’s a good return, like I say if you just see the stats you’d think he was a really good signing.

it’s bizarre having someone with those goal contributions and yet I think everyone wants to sell him in the summer

Loved his post match interview.  Genuinely seems like a decent guy.  We need to win every game now to the end - big man knows its in the balance hopefully today was a big confidence boost.  Gets his hatrick in the final I reckon. 

The ONLY crumb of evidence that there is a player in there is, it is literally staggering how many chances this guy gets in a game, he genuinely does have a nack of being in the right place at the right time, it's what comes after that where it all falls apart. Shankland would without doubt in my mind be a better finisher/goalscorer, but i reckon he'd get leas opportunities that Dessers......of course who actually cares as long as they hit the net!! But I'm just saying the guy possess that one skill.

11 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I’m not doubting it’s a good return, like I say if you just see the stats you’d think he was a really good signing.

it’s bizarre having someone with those goal contributions and yet I think everyone wants to sell him in the summer

Not everyone. He's a fantastic backup option. I would love Miovski next season with Dessers coming off the bench to add a bit of physicality. I like the big guy but he's not quite Rangers class as the main striker. Not convinced Danillo is the answer either who we can't forget is on the books and was a relatively large transfer fee. 

13 minutes ago, STRUTH82 said:

The ONLY crumb of evidence that there is a player in there is, it is literally staggering how many chances this guy gets in a game, he genuinely does have a nack of being in the right place at the right time, it's what comes after that where it all falls apart. Shankland would without doubt in my mind be a better finisher/goalscorer, but i reckon he'd get leas opportunities that Dessers......of course who actually cares as long as they hit the net!! But I'm just saying the guy possess that one skill.

Shankland is a wierd one for me and not the no brainier signing others suggested in January. His numbers for Hearts this season are obviously outstanding but outwith highlight reels any time that I've watched him over a full game (today included) he hasn't exactly stood out. I'm not against signing him but I'm equally as unconvinced as I was in January that he's the answer. 

9 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Shankland is a wierd one for me and not the no brainier signing others suggested in January. His numbers for Hearts this season are obviously outstanding but outwith highlight reels any time that I've watched him over a full game (today included) he hasn't exactly stood out. I'm not against signing him but I'm equally as unconvinced as I was in January that he's the answer. 

Id be taking miovski ahead of shankland. Much better all round player imo.

9 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Id be taking miovski ahead of shankland. Much better all round player imo.

Agree. I said that in another post mate. It's been a tremendous season for Shankland but his record before Hearts is very underwhelming. He's scored like fuck in lower divisions but been really shite when stepping up to a higher level with Dundee United, Aberdeen, then I'm sure he was shite abroad just before signing with Hearts.