Dessers

BigBearButt

1 hour ago, BigBearButt said:

i still think we need a big battering ram of a striker to mix things up. A Danny Cousin esk player who can put themselves about a bit. And we might actually be a danger at set pieces or get on the end of some of the 500 crosses we put into the box every game.

I don’t disagree.

I like the big guy, he's got a great attitude, he's a good teammate and always works his arse off, he'll finish with around 25 goals, and if we win the league he'll be a hero, if we win the treble he'll be a legend, and if we win the cup double he'll get a lot of good will, if everything goes wrong he'll be public enemy number one.

12 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

I like the big guy, he's got a great attitude, he's a good teammate and always works his arse off, he'll finish with around 25 goals, and if we win the league he'll be a hero, if we win the treble he'll be a legend, and if we win the cup double he'll get a lot of good will, if everything goes wrong he'll be public enemy number one.

He won’t be a hero or a legend in my eyes even if we do somehow win the treble because it’ll most likely have been achieved in spite of him missing some absolute sitters in big games 

14 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I’d be alright having Dessers as some sort of third choice to play against shite sides at Ibrox 

Doubt he would want that now though seeing as he stumbled into the role of being our main striker this season 

Also having a £4M or whatever he cost player on high wages as third choice isn't ideal. Assuming we bring in viable replacements for him and Roofe it would be better for all parties if he moved on.

I reckon he would actually be quite marketable on the back of a 20+ goal season.

13 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

😂

55 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Also having a £4M or whatever he cost player on high wages as third choice isn't ideal. Assuming we bring in viable replacements for him and Roofe it would be better for all parties if he moved on.

I reckon he would actually be quite marketable on the back of a 20+ goal season.

Hopefully we can recoup most of what we paid for him and he goes in the summer, I’ve a feeling he will be staying though 

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

He won’t be a hero or a legend in my eyes even if we do somehow win the treble because it’ll most likely have been achieved in spite of him missing some absolute sitters in big games 

I think and hope Shankland and/or Armstrong win us the league.

3 hours ago, Redemption80 said:

The way i see it is that would we prefer a striker who creates 10 and scores 2 or one who creates 2 and scores 1?

So do we want a striker who scores 20% of the time or one who scores 50% of the time :confused:

He is what is he, a limited player that's got a decent return for us overall

But would agree with having him as 2nd choice and moving on Danilo if possible then getting a new #1 striker in, we can't go into the new season with Danilo as our first choice after a long term injury.

He’s fine as a second / third choice striker.

Can’t be our main man if we want to win leagues and cups.

I’d add that a big part of the problem we have (and did with Morelos too) is that the wingers, 10s and CMs don’t contribute enough goals to support him. Can’t rely on one guy to get all your goals. 

4 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

That’s the spirit.