Dessers

BigBearButt

30 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

So do we want a striker who scores 20% of the time or one who scores 50% of the time :confused:

4 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

What sort of stupid shite is that? The answer is clearly creates 2 and scores 1

My guess is he meant ‘in a game’. ie would prefer to watch a striker with the same goal return who creates very little but is lethal or one who creates loads of chances but only converts a small proportion. Isn’t that hards concept  to grasp (unless you take everything literally)

Personally, id prefer one who created (and fluffed) loads of chances but still scored roughly the same amount of goals.

47 minutes ago, beararse said:

My guess is he meant ‘in a game’. ie would prefer to watch a striker with the same goal return who creates very little but is lethal or one who creates loads of chances but only converts a small proportion. Isn’t that hards concept  to grasp (unless you take everything literally)

Personally, id prefer one who created (and fluffed) loads of chances but still scored roughly the same amount of goals.

A striker who “creates” 10 chances themselves and misses 8 of them sounds absolutely fucking awful.

I’ll take the striker who “creates” 2 chances and scores 1. Most chances are created for strikers by their teammates, not by them themselves, so my striker is scoring a barrel load with their conversion rate

Good luck with your donkey striker 

6 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

He won’t be a hero or a legend in my eyes even if we do somehow win the treble because it’ll most likely have been achieved in spite of him missing some absolute sitters in big games 

He would be to many though, like it or not there's thousands of fans 20 and under who's only real experience of a successful Rangers team was during covid when all we could do is watch it on the telly, if we somehow won a treble this year then these players will be remembered forever from that section of the fanbase, add into that it's been 21 years since we've won a treble, you could possibly take that age up to 30 year olds too.

10 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

He would be to many though, like it or not there's thousands of fans 20 and under who's only real experience of a successful Rangers team was during covid when all we could do is watch it on the telly, if we somehow won a treble this year then these players will be remembered forever from that section of the fanbase, add into that it's been 21 years since we've won a treble, you could possibly take that age up to 30 year olds too.

Dessers won’t be credited with the winning of a treble unless he started scoring basically all of our goals from now until the end of the season including winners at celtic park and in the cup final against them

The chances of that happening based on what we have seen all season are basically zero. I won’t be deciding an entire squad are Rangers legends just because of a treble, which is apparently what you’re suggesting would happen, it’s just nonsense

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Dessers won’t be credited with the winning of a treble unless he started scoring basically all of our goals from now until the end of the season including winners at celtic park and in the cup final against them

The chances of that happening based on what we have seen all season are basically zero. I won’t be deciding an entire squad are Rangers legends just because of a treble, which is apparently what you’re suggesting would happen, it’s just nonsense

Again, I never said you would, but there's thousands of Rangers fans who've never saw us win a Treble, many thousands who haven't seen us win a League in person, it'll be them who'll hold him and everyone else in the squad up as legends if it happens.

Fuck me, Marvin Andrews still gets the hero treatment for being part of Helicopter Sunday and he was hopeless, players from memorable successful seasons are always put on a pedestal.

It's been the 90s since i considered a player a legend, not sure if it's because the quality is dropping or me getting older and more cynical.

Talking of Marvin, i kicked him out his house in my last job, never got to speak to him personally as his church dealt with everything.

16 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

That might be the worst story I've ever heard in my life

Sounds like a challenge that i need to beat.  There was also Kevin Drinkell who paid every month like a good boy and it was only me who was old enough to remember him.

TBF, there is only so much you can say these days about a crazy cult church and not get into trouble and Marvin's guys were demented.

Anyway Dessers,  can we make a profit from him and get a replacement to beat his numbers.  I don't feel confident at all.

1 hour ago, Redemption80 said:

We want a striker that scores the most amount of goals.

10 attempts and 2 goals is better than 2 attempts and 1 goal.

Release the hounds

17 minutes ago, Redemption80 said:

That level of effort would make the shitebags in the team ashamed.

2 goals is better than 1 

A player having 4 attempts and scoring  2 (1 goal every two attempts) is better than a player having 10 attempts  and scoring 2 goals (One goal every 5 attempts )

Mind blowing mate 

Or in this hypothetical situation the first player only creates 2 chances in the match  but scores 1 goal another player creates 10 chances and scores two. 2 goals would be better than 1 🤣

Fuck this I should have kept out 👀

2 is better than 1.

Who knew, other than some people over the last few pages though.

EDIT:  Feel i am being overly negative, but we were are a Scottish team.  We have shit weather in a shit league with a government that hates successful people, so apologies that i am not Mr Optimism. 

14 minutes ago, Redemption80 said:

2 is better than 1.

Who knew, other than some people over the last few pages though.

EDIT:  Feel i am being overly negative, but we were are a Scottish team.  We have shit weather in a shit league with a government that hates successful people, so apologies that i am not Mr Optimism. 

2FE08B6E-7538-4102-8297-730A2089017D.jpeg.a14fa09b58765da3c43fd5ee5351e86e.jpeg