Dessers

BigBearButt

2 hours ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Think you are seriously clutching at straws here. He had a clear chance to shoot the other night and refused to take it on.

That incident backs up my point, he made a rip roaring c**t of it, had about 10 chances to shoot but kept turning looking for an empty net, the crowd were going absolutely mental at him, yet when we scored the deflected goal there he was bursting a gut to get into a scoring position. Easy when playing well with the Ibrox crowd behind you but takes a fair bit of bottle when they’re baying for your blood.

8 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

That one the other night where he couldn’t get a shot away, I didn’t know if it was because he was knackered, he didn’t know what to do, or he’d just froze because he was presented with a chance 😂 

I think it's a lack of confidence he took the ball well and it was there to be hit but he took too long and the chance was away.

30 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

That incident backs up my point, he made a rip roaring c**t of it, had about 10 chances to shoot but kept turning looking for an empty net, the crowd were going absolutely mental at him, yet when we scored the deflected goal there he was bursting a gut to get into a scoring position. Easy when playing well with the Ibrox crowd behind you but takes a fair bit of bottle when they’re baying for your blood.

This is taking desperation to the next level.

I reckon he scores a couple tomorrow and goes on a good run of scoring form for us…. I’m backing him and the manager to come good… sick of all the social media and mainstream media being on their backs. And the Motherwell manager can get to fuck. What the fuck has our style of play got to do with him…. Lying prick…. Mon the Gers 4-0 tomorrow 

2 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

I reckon he scores a couple tomorrow and goes on a good run of scoring form for us…. I’m backing him and the manager to come good… sick of all the social media and mainstream media being on their backs. And the Motherwell manager can get to fuck. What the fuck has our style of play got to do with him…. Lying prick…. Mon the Gers 4-0 tomorrow 

What about the match going support who feel the same?

6 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

You’re getting mental strength mixed up with ability.

What’s your idea of having mental strength on a football pitch.

I'm getting nothing mixed up, you saying him bottling out of having a shot then running into the box is showing he has the mental toughness to play for the club which is absolutely ridiculous.

Certainly not saying you're willing to die on the pitch then putting in a timid performance and bottling out of having a shot.

Just now, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

I'm getting nothing mixed up, you saying him bottling out of having a shot then running into the box is showing he has the mental toughness to play for the club which is absolutely ridiculous.

Certainly not saying you're willing to die on the pitch then putting in a timid performance and bottling out of having a shot.

I didn’t say he bottled out of having a shot, looking for the perfect opportunity isn’t bottling it, far easier option would have  been shutting his eyes, taking a swipe  hoping it goes in. ( he should have )

He’s shown mental strength by not hiding when thousands of supporters are on his back. Not comparing his ability to super Ally’s but I’m old enough to remember Ally receiving the same kind treatment as Dessars, missed loads of chances that looked easier to score which proved to be very costly at times. Everyone who recalls those days will now say he showed great mental strength for getting back into those same positions knowing how the fans would react if he missed again, in that sense it’s very similar to Dessars right now.

Now tell me what you’re idea of having mental strength on the pitch is, not what it isn’t.

6 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

What I’d give for a 6ft 5 striker to feed off crosses and be a bit of a nuisance…

There is someone of that ilk at the Sheep and Livingston (or at least there was).  I fail to see why they would be any worse than what we’ve bought lately - and would have been a lot cheaper.

11 hours ago, RealWorldRich said:

Jury is out.  Robbed of a great assist vs celtic by cheating ref.

Provided Matondo with an outstanding assist vs PSV.

Felt sorry for him Vs Motherwell, they absolutely parked the bus and Dessers has absolutely zero supply and no space to work in.

These kind of claims annoy me. Congratulations he had a decent assist, but that is literally symptomatic of the team. 1 good thing or 1 half decent performance in a part of a game and that’s it. The job done or that’ll get them off our backs mentality comes out and it’s back to the same utter pish for the next 5 games. 

He made that assist 4 weeks ago, and has done nothing of note since. Just like Lammers (goal against Servette), Matondo (goal against St Johnstone) you could go on and on. It’s just getting by mentality with the players we have. They all know they don’t deserve to be here which is why they’ve not got the balls to drag themselves and teammates to a higher standard. 

12 hours ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

As the previous answer, I didn’t accuse Dessars of bottling it you did. Here’s the definition of showing mental strength in sport.

’an athlete’s ability to persist in the face of challenges, mistakes and failure’

Sums up Dessar’s time at Rangers up until this morning.

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

These kind of claims annoy me. Congratulations he had a decent assist, but that is literally symptomatic of the team. 1 good thing or 1 half decent performance in a part of a game and that’s it. The job done or that’ll get them off our backs mentality comes out and it’s back to the same utter pish for the next 5 games. 

He made that assist 4 weeks ago, and has done nothing of note since. Just like Lammers (goal against Servette), Matondo (goal against St Johnstone) you could go on and on. It’s just getting by mentality with the players we have. They all know they don’t deserve to be here which is why they’ve not got the balls to drag themselves and teammates to a higher standard. 

As opposed to writing players off after a handful of games at the start of the season?

Christ Dessers has shown more end product so far than Kent did for the last 2 seasons, but it took a lot longer for folk to wake up and smell the coffee with Kent; where attacks went to die.

2 hours ago, RealWorldRich said:

As opposed to writing players off after a handful of games at the start of the season?

Christ Dessers has shown more end product so far than Kent did for the last 2 seasons, but it took a lot longer for folk to wake up and smell the coffee with Kent; where attacks went to die.

One is a striker and one a winger. I’d hope the striker would have a better end product