Dessers

BigBearButt

Hoping his really bad decision making in the final third is just down to a lack of confidence at the moment and not ability but it remains to be seen. Frustrating wanting so many players to hit the ground running and they’ve not so far.

This dodgy start will stay with him throughout his Rangers career no doubt. Think he could be one of those where Beale would be best cutting his losses and biting the bullet by trying to move him on asap. I get the impression though with MB, that he will stubbornly stick to his guns hoping the guy comes good. Danillo coming back is imperative for our forward line to be successful as Cyriel just isn't going to reach the standards we require.

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Based on?

PSV at home. Thought he was very good. He also has most goal contributions this season while not playing at his best. So I’m hoping with confidence he will produce more performances like PSV. Don’t deny he has to improve. 

1 hour ago, Smile said:

I think Lammers is quite an average player and fades in and out of games too much. Has skill and ability but is no real threat on goal.

Both him and Dessers cost us 8 million It's a shocking amount spent on pretty average players.

I think Lammers has potential to step up a gear but Dessers looks shocking.

Beale came out and said that the full business was about half of what the media claimed I think was the figure's so even adjusting for media lies he was still given to much for the return we are seeing.

15 minutes ago, nik2402 said:

PSV at home. Thought he was very good. He also has most goal contributions this season while not playing at his best. So I’m hoping with confidence he will produce more performances like PSV. Don’t deny he has to improve. 

Im still backing him too , performances like last night do make it harder though 

8 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I think Lammers has potential to step up a gear but Dessers looks shocking.

Beale came out and said that the full business was about half of what the media claimed I think was the figure's so even adjusting for media lies he was still given to much for the return we are seeing.

I just want to see quality in both of them but to be honest they are not making it easy for me.

Lammers, Dessers and Danilo seem like guys who need a strike partner.

Of course we play them either as wide men, or as a lone striker.

All hinges back to Beale recruiting for this narrow system with 2 up top, and then shiting himself and reverting back to 433 too late without any real wide players. 

40 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Hoping his really bad decision making in the final third is just down to a lack of confidence at the moment and not ability but it remains to be seen. Frustrating wanting so many players to hit the ground running and they’ve not so far.

We make a habit of our signings always taking months to come good (if they ever do).

18 hours ago, BigBearButt said:

First off delighted with the win tonight and in the next round. 

What Im not delighted with is Dessers getting another opportunity and doing the square route of fuck all for 45 minutes. Surely to fuck someone needs to ask the question of Beale on how many opportunities this guy needs. The experiment needs to end. I mean who scouted this man and thought he would be a good fit in this team? What qualities are we expected to see with him? 

He has no pace, cant control a ball, cant turn with a ball, cant hold a ball up, cant jump for a header apparently, cant win a competitive tackle and he certainly cant fucking shoot! Worst of all I do not see effort, he looks comfortable putting in fucking shocking performances and is rewarded with more opportunities. 

In addition to the above he has a whole pile of negative qualities.

13 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

That Calvert Lewin was out 29 days with his, obv dont know if it was as severe or that but hopefully he will be back in a similar timeframe already been 12 days since Danilos. 

Sure Danilo said a few weeks when he first got the injury, so fingers crossed he's back in a similar timescale.

2 minutes ago, Ben10 said:

He'll win over the people who don't have any standards

I don’t believe he’s won any over yet including myself but as I said from what I’ve seen there has been positives. 
He now has to start chipping in with his share of goals and my attitude and that of many will soon change. 

13 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

Looks like I’m in a minority of one here by not totally writing him off yet. 

No denying he’s been pretty shite but there has been a few positives starting with his work rate, he’s been fantastic in both closing down defenders and making forward runs for our midfielders, ok he’s still to master the offside rule yet but he’ll maybe get there and even when receiving dogs abuse he never hides demonstrating he has plenty of mental strength, same as super Ally when he suffered dogs abuse for missing plenty of sitters when he signed for us.

If the perfectly good goal had stood against celtic it would have been down to him and last night he made another great run into the 6 yard box for a tap in only for Sima to hit it against the Livi defender before it hit the net.

Doesn’t need to score in every game but will only take few goals and I’m sure he’ll start to win his biggest critics over.

Isn’t he 29?

1 hour ago, Big Al 55 said:

Isn’t he 29?

I like the whole of this post - including the bit where you analyse his chances etc. On the stats side, 3 goals and 3 assists in 12 starts doesn't look horrible. But as some have said, the way he was prancing around like he'd just hit a Pirlo-style worldy when all he did was get a foot in the way of Matondo's shot fair mak's ye think, as my late grandfather used to say. I wonder whether part of the "sell" Beale made to him and Lammers was that SPL was where they could finally shine, an "easier" league, etc etc. As so many have found out over the years, it may not have the quality of the EPL , Liga and all but it is fast and physical, and I'm not sure he can cope with that.