Dessers

BigBearButt

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

I have been backing Dessers while a lot have slated him I now feel I was wrong as his performances have looked pretty weak and laboured last night he had chances to shoot but looked terrified to do so.

Some players struggle to play for big teams Dessers and Lammers are in that bracket now for me.

Over the last couple of seasons it seems like they've struggled to play for any teams. 

Fuck knows what Beale thought he was buying. 

Just now, KBOO72 said:

Over the last couple of seasons it seems like they've struggled to play for any teams. 

Yes. I tried to be as positive as I could be on these signings but if you sign players with a poor track record even to a weak league like ours you cant expect better.

1 minute ago, KBOO72 said:

Thats the problem, we have spunked our money on 'project players' who he thinks he has the managerial ability to get the best from (It appears he doesnt). The only time that has a chance to work is when you have better players around them to pull them up to a level. We dont have that. Instead we have a team riddled with neverhavebeens or was once a promising youth 6 years ago. They level of money we have spent on them is unreal. One look at their records and team history told you it was a huge longshot. Its not worked and sooner or later he will likely pay for it with his job.

43 minutes ago, B1872 said:

I agree he’d do a job. However if Beale is still in charge there’s no chance we get anyone from the SPFL. He’s been pretty clear he doesn’t rate anyone outside us and the scum.

If that clown is still in charge we can’t let him bring anyone in in January.

Cunt has done enough damage 

The worst thing about this type of signing is the sunk money aspect.

If you sign players who are 22, you can afford the hit rate to be 1 in 4 purely from a financial perspective. If they go for 4 times their fee. 

Dessers is money down the drain. So he needs be a really high probability of doing the business.

You don’t spend 5million on a player turning 29 who you hope can rediscover the form he had for 9 games a few years back.

Horrible signing all round. Between wages and fees, him and Matondo alone will cost us over £10m, even if you take both of them at 20k a week which is a conservative estimate that’s disgraceful business. 

Here we are yet again though, with more players on big contracts they won’t get anywhere else, meaning shifting them is impossible. We haven’t learned from the past 2 seasons, again. We’ll be in 2026 in another “squad rebuild” and Dessers will be here picking up the last of his multi million contract after 12 goals. 

To think people were claiming he was fast and would score 20/30+ goals when he signed. 

On paper it looked a poor signing, as did Lammers. 

Danilo was the only one who looked like a really good outfield signing, but I still have doubts regarding him and especially the fee paid.

17 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

To think people were claiming he was fast and would score 20/30+ goals when he signed. 

On paper it looked a poor signing, as did Lammers. 

Danilo was the only one who looked like a really good outfield signing, but I still have doubts regarding him and especially the fee paid.

I thought he would do well, and be for us what the Greek boy, whose name i’m not even going to try and spell, was to them. 

Never expected him to be quick, work the channels, run about loads - effectively be a Morelos replacement - but thought with his size he would give us a presence up there, give us something different and just be a menace, but yeah he’s poor :lol:

6 minutes ago, the sliver fox said:

Fixed the last part for you

Yes, I expected a lot more from them I have been backing them but it's starting to look increasing like I'm wrong on them.

I guess you buy players that don't score goals you cant be too shocked when they don't score.

3 hours ago, Smile said:

I have been backing Dessers while a lot have slated him I now feel I was wrong as his performances have looked pretty weak and laboured last night he had chances to shoot but looked terrified to do so.

Some players struggle to play for big teams Dessers and Lammers are in that bracket now for me.

Lammers I thought did ok last night. He wasn't brilliant but he fought his corner and showed glimpses he can be a decent player.

Dessers is awful.

After all the jokes over the summer, it’s unbelievable that we’ve found a guy who genuinely looks like he’ll contribute less than Kevin van Veen would have (and paid about 7-8x more for him). I wasn’t too excited about Shankland, Nisbet, or Duk (working from best to worst) but any one of them would’ve been a better option than Dessers.  

3 hours ago, Smile said:

Even his YouTube career highlights looks pretty crap. The people who make these reels usually make someone pretty poor look like Haaland with selective editing.

7 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Even his YouTube career highlights looks pretty crap. The people who make these reels usually make someone pretty poor look like Haaland with selective editing.

Yes, I just like we all did hoped he would come good. 

26 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Lammers I thought did ok last night. He wasn't brilliant but he fought his corner and showed glimpses he can be a decent player.

Dessers is awful.

I think Lammers is quite an average player and fades in and out of games too much. Has skill and ability but is no real threat on goal.

Both him and Dessers cost us 8 million It's a shocking amount spent on pretty average players.

Occasionally, Lammers can look good, but in actuality, he dribbles past two or three players and has really only moved forward about three yards! He beat himself last night before tripping over his own feet.

That's more than Dessers does.

The sooner Danilo gets back, the better.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Occasionally, Lammers can look good, but in actuality, he dribbles past two or three players and has really only moved forward about three yards! He beat himself last night before tripping over his own feet.

That's more than Dessers does.

The sooner Danilo gets back, the better.

be a bit yet with the fractured cheekbone iirc?

I dont blame him or Lammers for being shite, their clearly shite players and at their ages are never likely to improve or offer any sell on value. I place the blame directly with Beale, that fuckin con man has managed to talk the board into letting him have full control and this is what thats cost us.

8 minutes ago, nik2402 said:

Unpopular opinion but I think he will come good 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sincerely hope your right, but i just cant see it. There is nothing there. He has no pace, his link up play is average, he isnt particularly physical and his finishing isnt that great. The boy on that call in that said he was "a nigerian kevin kyle" wasnt that far off in my opinion. Honest question and not trying to be smart but what is it makes you think he can come good?