Steven Davis: Interim Manager

Broxi

I did say he was too much of a wall flower to take on this group of players and try and get a song out of them and the naysayers said he would have the squads respect. Fuck me.

The fact he had the cheek to say he couldnt ask for more sums it up. 

There was no fight or pride on show tonight. The fact Sima a fucking loan signing was the only cunt who looked like he cared doesnt sit right with me. 

Tav should be stripped of the captaincy immediately btw he has overseen far too many fucking horrific gutless performances.

I know Davis's post match comments aren't going to go down well but what else can he say? As brutal as we are right now, we are still in with a shout in the league, just because of the sheer number of games left to play, but if we fall 9/10 points behind then you can forget about it, he literally can't afford to fuck these soft as shite losers off or else they'll just not bother their arse on Sunday.

He just needs to appease them for now and do all he can to get a tune out of them for one more 90 minutes, he probably can't stand most of them like the rest of us but for the sake of the ckub's season, he's just appeasing them for now.

I'd imagine there'll be a new manager after the International break so he doesn't need to rely on them again, it's not what we want to hear but it is what it is for the moment.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Because they are his mates.

Then he'll soon be getting treated the same by us and that's on him.

He is in a different role and if he thinks that's just about picking a starting 11 and making subs he's setting himself up to be abused as much as the players.

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Because they are his mates.

Surely you'd expect they'd go out and burst their arse for their mate then?

Appreciate that's likely the reason and its why he picked the same team basically as the weekend but after watching that you'd have no issue going through them, not making excuses.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Then he'll soon be getting treated the same by us and that's on him.

He is in a different role and if he thinks that's just about picking a starting 11 and making subs he's setting himself up to be abused as much as the players.

Yup. That interview just said it all for me. Wasn't going to let this interim role harm him but he can go down with his mates too.

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

No-one is asking him too.

Something like “That performance was unacceptable and the players let down the club and the fans.”

This is the issue, these players need molly coddled.

He'll have to believe that his mates were trying hard as the alternative is believing that they don't respect him enough to try their hardest.  He was praising Wright before the match and we can all see the guy is shite so maybe in his poor judgement that was them trying.

Just now, CoplandStandBear said:

He'll have to believe that his mates were trying hard as the alternative is believing that they don't respect him enough to try their hardest.  He was praising Wright before the match and we can all see the guy is shite so maybe in his poor judgement that was them trying.

Fuck his mates, if he thinks that’s acceptable effort tonight then they’ll just put in same ‘effort’ on Sunday.

6 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Yup. That interview just said it all for me. Wasn't going to let this interim role harm him but he can go down with his mates too.

If he’s only interim manager and he had baws he should’ve been letting it rip. Fucking hate shitebags. 

He’s caught in a shit storm here and I feel sorry for the guy, he’s stepped up and ultimately he’s still a player, albeit he’s probably done but the fact remains.. they are his team mates, he’s got no real authority and he’s here to overlook a couple games and training that’s it

Anyone turning on Davis after that should be having a word with themselves 

53 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

No matter what he did/said tonight, it shouldn't be held against him. He has been put in a terrible position by the club.

It's easy for us to slaughter the players(and I have) but they need to try and keep the morale inside the club as high as possible. Surely everyone will realise that.

He didn’t have to take it on mate. 

I'd prefer not to turn on him but he's our manager and if he assesses things as poorly as he did post match, or protects the underperforming squad who don't give a fuck the he deserves every bit of abuse coming his way. 

27 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

He's literally got nothing to lose, was very unlikely to get a player contract after his injury and would've always been offered some role within the club...

And he was never seriously going to get it full time.

So why not just go all out and change it, try something different, bench a couple of the big names and get the fans on your side at least?

He had lots to lose, if he massively changed it tonight and we (very likely) still lost then he's now blown 3 expected points, dented our European hopes and financially damaged the club.

It's boring that he went for more of the same, but it exposes the players for not being good enough.

Davis could have shown some steel and proved that he had the cojones required for a manager's gig (not saying our managers job) by calling out the players for that abomination of a performance. As expected though he has refused to criticize them, he didn't even need to tear them to shreds which they deserve in all honesty but he could have apologised for the performance, said it was appalling and the players let themselves, the club and the fans down. He's the players pal and thats it. 

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'd prefer not to turn on him but he's our manager and if he assesses things as poorly as he did post match, or protects the underperforming squad who don't give a fuck the he deserves every bit of abuse coming his way. 

Happens all the time in all walks of life, people being appointed to senior posts and having to make the step to being a manager and having to manage people who they count as pals.

Don't think he deserves abuse at all, he deserves a better board and maybe a better assistant than Alex Rae.

From a guy who hasn’t posted on here in years. Including before the 55 title year. This can’t go on. I read from an outside point of view and read some scandalous shite on here but holy fuck we deserve better than this pish. Been a lot of lows since admin years but the last month is grim for me. Even seeing a lot of good friends and family pass and we’re still sitting idldy.  We deserve better lads 

1 minute ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Happens all the time in all walks of life, people being appointed to senior posts and having to make the step to being a manager and having to manage people who they count as pals.

Don't think he deserves abuse at all, he deserves a better board and maybe a better assistant than Alex Rae.

If he defends those waster mates of his, or isn't capable of seeing the effort was nowhere near acceptable tonight, then he's failing us as interim manager. He's accepting the effort and allowing it to be the acceptable standard.

He took on the manager's role and needs to do that to the best of his ability. That doesn't need to include blaming individuals but it shouldn't protect the collect group of cunts either.

He's in the hotseat.  His choice. Whatever comes his way depends on how he manages the squad and truthfully speaks to us. If he acts more like a player than manager then he can catch everything the players do in terms of venom.