***** The Official Hearts v Rangers Semi Final Match Thread *****

PromDeAnglais

5 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Would rather Ridvan in & the fact he can't play Thursday either it seems weird to bench him

Rest is as expected 

Strange on Wright but Lammers does keep getting a start. 

Cmon Rangers let’s get to this final and win the fkn thing ❤️🤍💙

2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Strange on Wright but Lammers does keep getting a start. 

Cmon Rangers let’s get to this final and win the fkn thing ❤️🤍💙

I think Lammers’ goal the other night must have helped his cause a lot.

1 minute ago, J-Maestro said:

Barasic is the right choice, gets him ready for midweek too after Beale’s great Euro Squad choice.

That was my thinking, get some minutes into his legs before Thursday. Would expect to see him substituted at some point as we do appear to be bringing players back properly now.

3 minutes ago, HG5 said:

I think Lammers’ goal the other night must have helped his cause a lot.

Small signs of life from him, any confidence he may have gained from Dens  would have been destroyed had he been dropped. Sensible from Clement IMO.

17 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Hearts targeted him in the league game 

Just as they’ll target Barisic in different ways

Reality is Ridvan should’ve been helped by the centre backs who as usual took zero responsibility dealing with Shankland

Really harsh on Ridvan, he hasn’t been amazing and maybe he’s not the answer but I don’t dread him being near the ball which is an improvement on Barisic 

It’s quite depressing, after all the money spent on new players we are starting Tav,Goldson, Balogun, Barisic, Jack and Lundstram…. Same as about 3 years ago….

Not having natural width worries me as I think we’ve been at our best when we go with natural width. I think Tav also plays better when someone is in front of him… hopefully Cantwell will stay wide and not play to central 

2 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Reality is Ridvan should’ve been helped by the centre backs who as usual took zero responsibility dealing with Shankland

Really harsh on Ridvan, he hasn’t been amazing and maybe he’s not the answer but I don’t dread him being near the ball which is an improvement on Barisic 

To be fair I think it was the only occasion Davies didn’t cover Ridvan in the match 

2 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Him and Davies were the weak link v hearts and they aimed almost every ball over at the two of them, both were at fault for the goal, both aren’t playing, it’s the correct decision 

1 minute ago, Blues Brother said:

To be fair I think it was the only occasion Davies didn’t cover Ridvan in the match 

It happened at least twice in the game, happened for the goal and there was a similar instance where Ridvan got isolated with Shankland at the back post second half 

Not saying Ridvan is perfect but I feel much more comfortable with him playing