*****The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread*****

ForeverAndEver

1 minute ago, blaudrup said:

Depending on how Aberdeen set themselves up, I think if they go for a conservative draw (as cup final gamesmanship) it will be a small Rangers win; if they set up to try to win, it will be a big Rangers win. 

They wont se up for a draw for 'gamesmanship'

They'll set up to stifle us because that's how they play in very game

52 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Take offers in the January window for Jack. Enough is enough. 

He's free in the summer and injury prone right now. We'd do well to do a deal on wages and let him leave earlier than summer. No-one is offering money for him.

16 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

They wont se up for a draw for 'gamesmanship'

They'll set up to stifle us because that's how they play in very game

There are levels of everything, they have won against us twice since April, and were 2-1 up in the 93rd minute in the fixture last year* until Arfield o'clock.  With the recent 6-0 loss, and the final coming up, I could imagine might put even more than usual into not losing more than any hope of winning.

*Fucking Beale :megaanguish:

3 hours ago, blaudrup said:

Depending on how Aberdeen set themselves up, I think if they go for a conservative draw (as cup final gamesmanship) it will be a small Rangers win; if they set up to try to win, it will be a big Rangers win. 

I think it will be a very tactical game mate. The better manager will win. :UK:

4 minutes ago, B1872 said:

I don’t watch the B team games but how close is Bailey Rice to the first team?

Hasn't trained with the first team or been part of the match day squad since Clement became boss. There are other B team players ahead of him in centre midfield that are training with the first team regularly.

Great comment re Aberdeen. This is what we've needed a boss to say for a while now. Yes they do try harder against us (sorry PC, they just do) BUT we are just as bad for not responding and upping our game. Hopefully he gets them fired right up as much as the sheep shaggers will be. 

7 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Great comment re Aberdeen. This is what we've needed a boss to say for a while now. Yes they do try harder against us (sorry PC, they just do) BUT we are just as bad for not responding and upping our game. Hopefully he gets them fired right up as much as the sheep shaggers will be. 

True.  We know AFC play out of their skins 4 times a year, unless they meet Rangers in the Cup, in which case it's 5 or 6, but really, we should be well capable of beating a sheep team even if they are firing on all cylinders.  No excuses, and no moaning, we are professionals. 

3 minutes ago, BelfastWillie said:

True.  We know AFC play out of their skins 4 times a year, unless they meet Rangers in the Cup, in which case it's 5 or 6, but really, we should be well capable of beating a sheep team even if they are firing on all cylinders.  No excuses, and no moaning, we are professionals. 

It's not just the sheep I've seen this before. The likes of Hibs & St Mirren treat games against us as cup finals and we just seem one paced against them. It's as much about us as them! :tu:  

1 hour ago, Finny said:

I think Lawrence could do a job in front of lundstrum and be very good at it. Aggressive, good range of passing and can crack from distance. What's not to like. 

Preferably Cantwell for me with Lawrence in beside Lundstram. 

Worked under Gio before Lawrence's injury. 

7 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

It's not just the sheep I've seen this before. The likes of Hibs & St Mirren treat games against us as cup finals and we just seem one paced against them. It's as much about us as them! :tu:  

It is, mate.  Complacency is a huge enemy, and given so many of our domestic results since 55, we cannot afford to be complacent against anybody. See it is a compliment that the SPL mediocrity (which is basically every team apart from them) see us as the potential biggest win of their season, and respond accordingly . . .