Todd Cantwell

1 hour ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

Play him in the 10 it’s not rocket science.

Also think it’s good management from Clement he could easily have dropped him and had a big media circus round about it but am hoping they’ve just had a talk and straighten everything out. Had the fear that Cantwell was going to be forced out the door which would be madness in our current financial situation.

Can understand why Clement has been trying him on the right with the lack of options out there.

Hopefully the emergence of McCausland and him signing a new deal now nails down that position as his unless we go out and sign someone of a higher calibre, thus allowing Cantwell to be played in the number 10 role.

2 minutes ago, toolongawake said:

Can understand why Clement has been trying him on the right with the lack of options out there.

Hopefully the emergence of McCausland and him signing a new deal now nails down that position as his unless we go out and sign someone of a higher calibre, thus allowing Cantwell to be played in the number 10 role.

RW would be one of key key areas to target in Jan, along with a CM and a CF.

Attacking options are pish. 

23 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

McCausland must be the RW now, if not there was little point in getting him to sign long-term.  One option which was never tried was putting Tav on RW and bringing in a RB.   

I’ve said it before but I reckon tav would be brilliant for us week in week out if he didn’t have his defensive responsibilities. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

We badly need a left back and a centre back as well, basically the same positions that needed upgraded before our summer “rebuild” minus the goalkeeper position. 

53 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

We badly need a left back and a centre back as well, basically the same positions that needed upgraded before our summer “rebuild” minus the goalkeeper position. 

Just play Tav at lb or even left wing and just let him cut in and pure belt long shots all game. 

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I would be looking at that Babicka who played against us for Aris and doing some more homework on him. 

He caused us loads of problems with his pace in both games and looking at transfermarket he’s played right, left, as a ten and upfront for them and his returns have been decent in all positions (apart from playing from the left).

16 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

I still think he would be great higher up the pitch with less defensive responsibility. 

I don’t. In fact I think he’d be better off the pitch entirely recently because he’s been shite at every aspect of his game.

On Thursday night he was completely invisible throughout the game, but did this funny thing when McCausland came on. He went from being on the right to moving himself infield so McCausland had the entire run of the right wing himself. Tav literally took himself out of the game 

12 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I have a feeling that Scott Mckenna will be a target for us.

Available for free at end of season and the fact he’s Scottish trained.

Unless things have changed I don't think he had any interest in playing for us or them, even though I'm fairly certain he comes from a Celtic family. That's just going off what someone had said to me when he was at Aberdeen.

12 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

I see we are now at the 'Play Tavernier RW' part of this yearly cycle we go through. Quicker than usual so it must be really bad

It’s interesting that a lot of people come with the play Tav at RW patter but nobody ever suggests playing Borna at LW even though both have similar strengths in terms of being effective attacking full backs but having glaring deficiencies when it comes to their defending :lol:

3 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I know that’s not what’s been said from H&H but I hope we punt Borna in this window and keep Ridvan but would have no issues with another LB. I do think we need a pacy CD as a priority.

19 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Unless things have changed I don't think he had any interest in playing for us or them, even though I'm fairly certain he comes from a Celtic family. That's just going off what someone had said to me when he was at Aberdeen.

He does.