Todd Cantwell

Just now, East Enclosure Row N said:

There was nobody more petulant than Morelos, and he got away with it for years.

Managers should protect young players, not hang them out to dry. There is a time for an arm around the shoulder and a chat.

Totally agree.  Just saying Cantwell is not innocent in this.
I completely disagree with Clemente man management of this. But if Cantwell knuckles down after this and is turned around then PC got it right. 

I doubt that it will turn out like that though. 

1 minute ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Managers should protect young players, not hang them out to dry. There is a time for an arm around the shoulder and a chat.

26 this season with nearly 200 senior games.

7 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I have stood by Cantwell. He has talent. Not into his social media shit. It's tiresome, but he has always been a team player with a positivity about him

Disgraced himself tonight though. His showboating cost us a goal and ultimately a guaranteed second place in the leauge.

Hope he internalises realises his faults and gets on with what we pay him for. To get results!!!

I'm not sure his showboating did cost us a goal mate, our defending was the issue there. I expect our forward players to take risks with the ball in those areas in an attempt to be creative instead of doing something safer.

He was actually a wee bit unlucky with the skill he was trying. The biggest problem though was his attitude in that moment and to be honest all game. That's what got him hooked.

Like you I was a fan of Cantwell but he needs to win me over again.

Personally hope not to see Cantwell for a few weeks, embarrassing performance before he was correctly hooked off, Cifuentes and Lammers should have been off with him as well.

On Lammers its a bad day when you would happily see one of your own players sent off but I was hoping the ref was going for a red instead of yellow after his foul, playing him is like giving the opposition a 12th man, consistently gives the ball away and just gets in the road of everybody on the pitch.

30 minutes ago, ayro said:

So how did it make it better?

The atmosphere was already flat and getting narky due to being 1 down, for the next 10 minutes most fans around me were going WTF as if a sub was needing made it could have been Cifuentes, Sima or Lammers as they were all worse than Cantwell.

The 2nd half was pish with the exception of McCausland goal (yes I know he replaced Cantwell).

We have blown a great opportunity to qualify by drawing at home to one of worst teams I have seen at Ibrox in Europe which is down primarily to the team but the manager didn’t help with some questionable tactics and substitutes.

Spot on.

39 minutes ago, ayro said:

Thought he was shite but there were about 9 other players who were as bad and in some cases worse, but if he wants to sub him then fair enough but why do it with 10 minutes to HT?

He gave the ball away for the goal but the two CBs were howling and shortly afterwards Lammers gave the ball away and they raced up the park so why wasn’t he subbed?

Looks like he doesn’t fit in with what PC is wanting.

Easy answer. It was his attitude mate and was easy to see. On the match thread before we knew he was being subbed I asked the question how good would Cantwell be if he was half as good as he thinks he is. His attitude is honking.

22 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Morelos got away with it because Morelos delivered regularly when it mattered. Cantwell is 25 so not a young player anymore either.

8 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Easy answer. It was his attitude mate and was easy to see. On the match thread before we knew he was being subbed I asked the question how good would Cantwell be if he was half as good as he thinks he is. His attitude is honking.

At the game I didn’t see his attitude being any different to the rest of the attacking players, they were all shite, maybe give a bit of leeway to Danilo as he at least was prepared to press although it was a solo press so unsure if he had the wrong message or the 3 behind him were wrong.

As I posted earlier, Cantwell was poor, I would have no issue with him being changed at HT like the cup game against Hearts if he wasn’t following tactics but equally if Lammers and Sima stayed on because they were following the tactics then we have a far bigger problem as they were both howling as well.

This is fucking madness re Cantwell. It’s like a tim narrative. Anger is being directed in the wrong place. Sima, Lammers, Danilo, Barasic, Tav, Cifuentes… all fucking brutal. He was by no means the player who should’ve been replaced tonight. Hope there’s individual threads about those frauds. 

I think we should have a Cantwell type player, tht can roam about get on the ball, try tricks flicks etc.. I don't want tht type of player stuck out wide or asked to chase back. 

There is far bigger problems than Cantwell in that team, he is getting used as a scapegoat

If you want width you have McAusland, Matondo, Sima, Lawrence to choose from n drop Lammers out. 

Cifuentes playing 2 90mins in a row is fucking baffling! 

And not sticking Roofe or Dessers on when a win puts you into the next round also baffling! 

Terrible night for Clement

1 minute ago, ayro said:

At the game I didn’t see his attitude being any different to the rest of the attacking players, they were all shite, maybe give a bit of leeway to Danilo as he at least was prepared to press although it was a solo press so unsure if he had the wrong message or the 3 behind him were wrong.

As I posted earlier, Cantwell was poor, I would have no issue with him being changed at HT like the cup game against Hearts if he wasn’t following tactics but equally if Lammers and Sima stayed on because they were following the tactics then we have a far bigger problem as they were both howling as well.

Fair enough but it was definitely different watching on the TV. He played exactly like that 5 a side player we've all played with who  thinks he's too good that other players aren't allowed to tackle him. When you seen McCausland getting brought back to the dugout from warming up it was obvious that Cantwell was getting subbed. He needs to have a good hard look in the mirror at himself.

5 minutes ago, snedisdead said:

This is fucking madness re Cantwell. It’s like a tim narrative. Anger is being directed in the wrong place. Sima, Lammers, Danilo, Barasic, Tav, Cifuentes… all fucking brutal. He was by no means the player who should’ve been replaced tonight. Hope there's individual threads about those frauds

You're in luck. 

Also, are you Todd's maw? Such a bizarrely defensive post. 

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

Fair enough but it was definitely different watching on the TV. He played exactly like that 5 a side player we've all played with who  thinks he's too good that other players aren't allowed to tackle him. When you seen McCausland getting brought back to the dugout from warming up it was obvious that Cantwell was getting subbed. He needs to have a good hard look in the mirror at himself.

Agreed can be a different watch from TV to live.

There was a lot of discussion between Clement and Cantwell and if he hasn’t done what he’s been told then the manager has a decision to make.

I think he could have waited to HT and the narrative would be just about Cantwell having a poor game not what it is now which is probably overshadowing what was a poor performance but an even worse result.

14 minutes ago, snedisdead said:

This is fucking madness re Cantwell. It’s like a tim narrative. Anger is being directed in the wrong place. Sima, Lammers, Danilo, Barasic, Tav, Cifuentes… all fucking brutal. He was by no means the player who should’ve been replaced tonight. Hope there’s individual threads about those frauds. 

He was an embarrassment and if you looked to see there is threads about most of those players.

16 minutes ago, snedisdead said:

We’re still in Europe!  

Seems like Clement is trying to push the cm a bit higher. If you lose the ball cutting inside off the wing you’re asking for trouble.

Problem is Cantwell and Sima both like to cut inside and Tav and Barisic don’t seem to be getting forward to overlap.

The sheep and Aris tonight look to have figured that out. Just show them inside and trying and win the ball and hit us on the break through the middle.

Need some natural wide players. And Cantwell needs to be back playing CAM and nowhere else

I get the impression hooking when he did was a statement from Clement. There is more too it than just hooking a player that isn't playing well. It's a buck up you're ideas type of thing.

There were warnings from Norwich fans that Cantwell does have a bit of a suspect attitude, and just now he does have an air of a teenage boy who would argue black is white.