Todd Cantwell

Assegai

Thought Cantwell had a bit of fire about his play yesterday. At times he tried to do too much, but imo too often the movement of others was abysmal so he little alternative.

Took his goal well, definite pass marks, and on the whole I felt he'd a good game.

On 02/01/2024 at 01:50, Blumhoilann said:

Cantwell seems to want a free role on the pitch,on Saturday he looked lost.Had he clamped down on McGregor when they had the ball,the outcome may have been different.

He needs to show he's there for the team and stop running around like a poser.

He's a bit of an enigma. At times he looks like he can play balls on a higher level than anyone else but as you rightly say he likes to ponce about too much especially in important games. And when he does decide to get involved in the dirty work he just gets into stupid tit for tat niggly fouls with 3 or 4 opponents winding him up and loses sight of the game.

On 03/01/2024 at 18:34, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Thought Cantwell had a bit of fire about his play yesterday. At times he tried to do too much, but imo too often the movement of others was abysmal so he little alternative.

Took his goal well, definite pass marks, and on the whole I felt he'd a good game.

Offensively yes he was good and direct but defensively he needs to do better. Vassel’s chance came from cantwell being disposed and he just trotted off in the opposite direction from the ball. 

8 hours ago, kelvd1873 said:

Offensively yes he was good and direct but defensively he needs to do better. Vassel’s chance came from cantwell being disposed and he just trotted off in the opposite direction from the ball. 

Yep agreed on that one, he can't just give it up he needs to at least attempt to regain possession. 

Said this before but if his mentality matched his ability then he wouldn't be up here.

His ability will be the reason we will keep persevering with him though and hopefully Clement (if he had enough patience) can get the best out of him.

17 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I think his problem is mentality, rather than ability. 

I believe he's a confidence player as are many flair players, and he's best when he's riled or playing a bit on the edge. I'd also not underestimate what decent movement by others could bring to his game, at times like Tuesday there was so little by Dessers.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I believe he's a confidence player as are many flair players, and he's best when he's riled or playing a bit on the edge. I'd also not underestimate what decent movement by others could bring to his game, at times like Tuesday there was so little by Dessers.

So, as well as it being Dessers’ fault that Dessers is often shite, it’s also Dessers’ fault that Cantwell has been shite for most of the season? 

52 minutes ago, left winger said:

So, as well as it being Dessers’ fault that Dessers is often shite, it’s also Dessers’ fault that Cantwell has been shite for most of the season? 

It's definitely Dessers fault for Dessers being shite.

We'll see if Cantwell improves when Silva starts at CF, he certainly seems to have more pace, movement, mobility about him. 😁👍

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It's definitely Dessers fault for Dessers being shite.

We'll see if Cantwell improves when Silva starts at CF, he certainly seems to have more pace, movement, mobility about him. 😁👍

I certainly hope so, but Cantwell’s performance - good or bad - is primarily down to him. Our midfield has been pretty poor for large parts of the season, but that doesn’t get Dessers a pass to any degree, so a poor forward line isn’t a get out for Cantwell.

There's definitely a player in there. If there's one man that should be able to get the best out of him it's the gaffer and at the end of the day I fully trust Clement to judge if he's right for us or not.

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not. Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent"

I think that quote is quite pertinent.

Bags of talent but still unsure if it’ll work out here (obviously hope it does). At any rate, a colleague was telling me today how TC went above + beyond to engage with his nephew after the Copenhagen game, which really solidified this young kid’s growing interest in following the club (was only his second game at Ibrox). From looking online, it seems like it’s far from the only time he’s done that. Whatever happens, he’s clearly a really good guy who really understands what it means to represent the club. Got to give him credit for that. 

19 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Bags of talent but still unsure if it’ll work out here (obviously hope it does). At any rate, a colleague was telling me today how TC went above + beyond to engage with his nephew after the Copenhagen game, which really solidified this young kid’s growing interest in following the club (was only his second game at Ibrox). From looking online, it seems like it’s far from the only time he’s done that. Whatever happens, he’s clearly a really good guy who really understands what it means to represent the club. Got to give him credit for that. 

Whilst admirable, we don't need a community liason officer on astronomical wages, we need an attacking midfielder with a cutting edge. 

17 minutes ago, The Archer said:

He brings nothing to th eteam,runs about like a headless chicken burning energy.When he gets the ball he tries to be to flashy then loses it which enables the other team to counter attack. Sell him when an offer comes in.

Hagi would have been a better idea and without the ego

You're miles off it with the hagi shout but a do agree mostly with you. 

A think a fully fit Lawrence in his position would be the answer, it's just keeping him fit.