Todd Cantwell

3 hours ago, left winger said:

I’d pretty much always want our manager to get the best out of our players. I don’t accept for one second that Cantwell is ‘too talented to be spending his best years with us’, though. If we had the choice of £3 or £4m this month for Cantwell, or letting Clement see what he can do with him, I’d take the money.

2 hours ago, King Jela said:

He's far too talented for us?

That's a new one. 

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

That’s a load of nonsense.

Guy has had an OK career at Norwich with 70% of it in the Championship, and done heehaw at Rangers. Have some respect. 

I meant our league rather than club but accept that’s not how it reads.

He’’s got incredible talent imo that should be seeing him at a good EPL club at some point and us earning a good fee after a few more trophies.

That’s not looking particularly likely right now but I hope Clement sees that as one of his puzzles he talks about rather than looking forward to moving him on.

37 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He’’s got incredible talent imo that should be seeing him at a good EPL club at some point and us earning a good fee after a few more trophies.

That’s not looking particularly likely right now but I hope Clement sees that as one of his puzzles he talks about rather than looking forward to moving him on.

He's 26 next month, I think that ship has sailed.

1 minute ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

His next move will be a yo-yo team at best imo.

You’re probably right based on how it’s looking.

Hope Clement sees it as a challenge to get his ability and performances out of him rather than sell when his stock is low is what I’m saying my preference is.

Down to Cantwell to respond though.

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Usually agree with you on players. But just don’t see what Cantwell has to take him to the next level.

He’s not blessed with great pace or physicality to do well in the Prem.

Technically he’s ok but doesn’t score a lot. And he was schooled by McGregor in the last OF.

Can still kick on and be a big player for us. But would put him same bracket as Aribo quality wise. Even behind someone like Kamara

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Needs to add more consistency to his game.

Agreed mate .... and TC will know that too I hope .... unfortunately Saturday was not the climate or pitch conditions conducive to helping anyone's consistency though.

It was a good result under adverse conditions.

🇬🇧

7 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

Agreed mate .... and TC will know that too I hope .... unfortunately yesterday was not the climate or pitch conditions conducive to helping anyone's consistency though.

It was a good result under adverse conditions.

🇬🇧

Yes, I read a lot online that it was a poor game but the weather conditions and the pitch I thought we did well.

Agree Cantwell will know he has to find the form he had when he first joined Raskin as well for me.

43 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Usually agree with you on players. But just don’t see what Cantwell has to take him to the next level.

He’s not blessed with great pace or physicality to do well in the Prem.

Technically he’s ok but doesn’t score a lot. And he was schooled by McGregor in the last OF.

Can still kick on and be a big player for us. But would put him same bracket as Aribo quality wise. Even behind someone like Kamara

I was reflecting earlier on what I’d posted before seeing your post and I did think about the physicality/pace element for the EPL. So that’s a reasonable point.

What I think he has, but what seems to be dying from the game a bit unless you are a top top player with all/most of the other components that go along with it, is that ability to spot the pass others don’t see and can’t make. It’s not that he doesn’t work hard but he needs a bit of freedom of movement and most teams systems now don’t really allow that.

Just separately on the ‘schooling by McGregor’ bit - that hasn’t half been overplayed. Was a game where we went long for most of it and they had most of the ball. Us dominating the ball and McGregor worrying about Cantwell on it is where we’ll see the best of him. Albeit he should have done far better with the couple of good opportunities he did have.

I want to like him, but I don't think I do. Far too often he's completely ineffectual, picks up silly bookings and lacks pace to do real damage on the break, most of which probably explains why he's at us in the first place.  Like most in the squad, if a reasonable offer came in, I'd sell to give the boss as much money as we can to support him. 

I think he has talent but he's 50/50 on determination to prove it. Holds the ball too long but capable of worldy passes at times. Not as all-round talented as Hagi.

If he goes or if he's kept I'm not too bothered tbh but he needs to improve his stats if he's to stay.

Sensational goal, taking the ball on the half turn in that position around the box we need him to be in far more often and a thunderbastard of a finish. Just wish we could see more of it.