New striker needed

scottyc06

7 hours ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

I think you're looking at £3m very max for Shankland, maybe something to be done there involving Lowry and I think he's worth it.

If we gave them £1.5m plus extended loans for Lowry and King, that’s a brilliant deal for them.

9 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Lowry and King are better than what they have or what they could afford and they’d be trebling what they spent on Shankland.

Yeah, really poor deal :ang:

What they paid for him is irrelevant. He’s worth more than 1.5 million, both in the market and to Hearts on the park.

If some club came for Butland and offered us about half of his true market value and a couple of young players who can’t get near the first team on loan then everybody would rightly be pissing themselves laughing, so why would it be appealing to another club? 

22 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

What they paid for him is irrelevant. He’s worth more than 1.5 million, both in the market and to Hearts on the park.

If some club came for Butland and offered us about half of his true market value and a couple of young players who can’t get near the first team on loan then everybody would rightly be pissing themselves laughing, so why would it be appealing to another club? 

Is buying at one price and selling at three times that figure not the very trading model we’re aspiring to?

Having said that, I get your point. Just pissed off that we’re back in this position and we don’t even have Joe Aribo to play up front :ang:

4 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

No doubt Miovski is the better of the two. But doubt celtic would get him for less than 5.

If we’ve closed the gap by the January window I’d be happy taking a punt on Shankland for 1-2. If we’re not then don’t see the point spending any money on him

I think they'll pay it.  Suggestions that they're prepping a 4.5 mil bid.  Miovski the younger of the two, probably the better all-rounder, but I'd argue that Shankland is more suited to our style of play.  But they will no doubt profit from bringing him in, even if they do pay Aberdeen a pretty penny.  He'll score a lot more goals with the chances he'll get and has that sell on that Shankland probably doesn.

The fact that we're agreeing Miovski is the better of the two players, and the fact that we'd both settle for Shankland is a sad indictment of where we are at the moment as a club.

33 minutes ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

Rather than spend 4 or 5 million on these types of players, the bigger question is why our scouting system seems unable to find them (or players of that quality and potential) when they are available for much cheaper. 

Our scouting system has been terrible. 

Thankfully we've started tearing it up. 

Whoever we sign, I hope one of his main attributes is aerial ability.  We can be cross happy at times when we're struggling to break teams down.  Hit and hope cross from deep, cleared my SPL wooden plank defenders, back to Tav/Borna to repeat aimless/hopeful bullshit.

But if we had a player in there with the high-end aerial ability, then it could really make a difference.

1 hour ago, Ted E Bayer said:

I think celtic are getting the better player in Miovski.  Can easily see him scoring a lot of goals for them and then being sold for double the price.

Can't disagree. Younger, faster, potential sell on fee. Sheep would want big money from us tho.

1 hour ago, OrangeRab said:

No doubt Miovski is the better of the two. But doubt celtic would get him for less than 5.

If we’ve closed the gap by the January window I’d be happy taking a punt on Shankland for 1-2. If we’re not then don’t see the point spending any money on him

Yep exactly how I see it, if we lose any more ground there's no point spending decent money on a 28 year old who is unlikely to be a main striker for title winning side imo

1 hour ago, Ted E Bayer said:

I think they'll pay it.  Suggestions that they're prepping a 4.5 mil bid.  Miovski the younger of the two, probably the better all-rounder, but I'd argue that Shankland is more suited to our style of play.  But they will no doubt profit from bringing him in, even if they do pay Aberdeen a pretty penny.  He'll score a lot more goals with the chances he'll get and has that sell on that Shankland probably doesn.

The fact that we're agreeing Miovski is the better of the two players, and the fact that we'd both settle for Shankland is a sad indictment of where we are at the moment as a club.

Worth bearing in mind there are other strikers I'm football. Just cos beale signed 2 utter duds(maybe 3) for big money abroad doesn't mean we only look at spl market 

23 hours ago, Ted E Bayer said:

Whoever we sign, I hope one of his main attributes is aerial ability.  We can be cross happy at times when we're struggling to break teams down.  Hit and hope cross from deep, cleared my SPL wooden plank defenders, back to Tav/Borna to repeat aimless/hopeful bullshit.

But if we had a player in there with the high-end aerial ability, then it could really make a difference.

Itten and Colak then