If we don’t win this league?

KeyserSoze

12 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

I dont feel that way based on them, I feel that way based on us. I dont have any faith that this team can handle the pressure of a title race. History firmly suggests that they can't.

Yeah that’s the same for me. Theoretically if we win all our league games and avoid defeat at Parkhead it is then in our hands with the game in hand in January. That’s when I see us probably going back into our shell. 

The support’s reaction to their result yesterday was probably met with relief we weren’t playing after them, we lack the killer instinct when the door is left open. 

Said it in the thread about the tramps in general sport

watched their game yesterday and this wasn’t the usual watching a team get a lucky break against Celtic and then nervously watching them cling on for dear life to hopefully hold out for a point or 3 

Kilmarnock bullied , outplayed and controlled that Celtic team for the whole second half. We have our issues but that is a poor Celtic team and we have to have some belief they are there for the taking this season 

It just puts more and more focus on ourselves and the state we've allowed the board and Beale to turn us into. Should be there for the taking. Scoreboard pressure is massive. I don't think it's a coincidence that for the first time this season, they needed to win to keep us from catching and couldn't. The issue is when we need to win to catch up after they drop points, we can shit the bed (not always) but we've got a huge opportunity and there's still a long way to go. 

12 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Said it in the thread about the tramps in general sport

watched their game yesterday and this wasn’t the usual watching a team get a lucky break against Celtic and then nervously watching them cling on for dear life to hopefully hold out for a point or 3 

Kilmarnock bullied , outplayed and controlled that Celtic team for the whole second half. We have our issues but that is a poor Celtic team and we have to have some belief they are there for the taking this season 

Im convinced they’re there for the taking, that’s what makes it all the more frustrating 😂

8 hours ago, delparlane said:

We can do this.

Call me what I am - certifiably insane - but in spite of our seemingly unlimited shortcomings I still believe Big Phil’s got what it takes to pull this motley crew of underachievers together when it counts.

Bro Parlane. Your wisdom and thought is well founded. I too feel we are in line for an unexpected double this season.  Win the cup, get a taste for winning and galvanise a squad of rag store frequenters into that of champions. 

23 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Difficult to see how we win the league with the strikers and midfield we have available.  We'll also be in Europe. 

What we have now won’t be where we are at come the end of January, even if it is only a couple of loan players 

2 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Not really mate we have this month to see out then one league game start of January and then a 3 week break till we play Dumbarton away.

if this squad can’t take 12 points from the 4 games excluding the game against the fenians then we might as well chuck it.

st Johnstone and county at home, Motherwell away who are winless in 13 and then killie after the taigs. That should be a guaranteed 12 for a side who have aims to win a title 

That’s it for me , no point getting worked up about the 30th until every other game is taken care of in between with a cup hopefully sitting in the trophy cabinet too 

winning those other 4 league games means we are still well in contention going into the break regardless of how the 30th pans out 

Here’s tiny wee Brenda the cross dressing horse speaking after his team shat the bed

see if you can work out a tactic we should use against them?

Instead of playing our game, we played the game Kilmarnock wanted us to play. You have to be press-resistant, you have to be able to deal with that pressure if a team is coming on to you or pressing you. You have to be able to manipulate the ball and combine and figure that out. That was the biggest disappointment."

10 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Here’s tiny wee Brenda the cross dressing horse speaking after his team shat the bed

see if you can work out a tactic we should use against them?

Instead of playing our game, we played the game Kilmarnock wanted us to play. You have to be press-resistant, you have to be able to deal with that pressure if a team is coming on to you or pressing you. You have to be able to manipulate the ball and combine and figure that out. That was the biggest disappointment."

Doubt we’ll sit off them as much as Beale had us doing. Sitting someone on McGregor should be a tactic employed.

17 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

We don't have to buy in January. Guessing PC may look to do some loan to buy options. There's bound to be quality players out there, but admittedly, it's a shit time to get these deals. No one wants to let quality players go. 

Just a pisser that the scum game will be too early for new signings.

I think the scum will go hard on signings in January - possibly standout SPFL players like Miovski and the much talked about “quality players” they are missing. Maybe playing them before January might be no bad thing.

Of course, they might balls up recruitment but I do think they’ll go for it.

We absolutely have to get a few players of quality in and move some of the dead wood out.

10 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I think the scum will go hard on signings in January - possibly standout SPFL players like Miovski and the much talked about “quality players” they are missing. Maybe playing them before January might be no bad thing.

Of course, they might balls up recruitment but I do think they’ll go for it.

We absolutely have to get a few players of quality in and move some of the dead wood out.

shankland would be massive for us, scores a bucket load for us and a quality midfielder.