The Captain

Albertz85

Scotty spoke highly of him today. 

He might not be the best captain in our history or even close.

But as a player he never hides.

If he plays well in games or big moments them we more often than not get the 3pts.

Or on this occasion a Cup!!!!

I think a lot of Tavs criticism was because us the fans know exactly what he can do and offer us. He's a fantastic player and captain and when we went through that rough patch we instantly turned our frustrations on him. 

Looking back now it was Clearly the ex managers fault and the players where totally ruined under the ex manager.

He's been bloody brilliant for us over the years. Club legend. So much of the criticism is totally unfair. It's the fact he's played so many games and never hidden that he's been there the times it's gone wrong. Won all the trophies in Scotland and within a penalty of a European trophy. Modern day hero for the club. 

As one former Rangers captain and legend said, it's a tough old club when you're losing. I genuinely hope Tav knows the depth of feeling the support has for him, despite the fact that he, as our captain, is often the target of our disappointment and frustration. 

2 hours ago, The Godfather said:

This.

I've said it before and yet I do give him a hard time like most woth the FFS Tav, never a captain and such. When you sit back and look at the numbers you realise how daft you sound but that's just fickle fans for you. He's been incredible for us 

Goldson is spot on. I doubt I'll see another full back in my lifetime score as many important goals as he has done or hit those numbers.

If he could defend he wouldn't be near us. Perspective 

He's nowhere near as bad a defender as he's made out to be.

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

It’ll be a sad day for this club when Tav retires he’s just phenomenal. That’s 3 domestic trophies and a European final. If he wins another 4/5 domestic trophies he firmly nails himself as a Rangers legend. 

Already is tbh.