Will we win the league?

Allyup

This is the season after 55 for me. We shouldn't get anywhere near winning the league after our start and some of the shit that's gone on. However like we did back then if they start dropping daft points we will find ourselves in a title race. 

Regardless of how the remainder of this season goes Clement will bring us back to the top during his time here am convinced of it. A proper manager and a winner everywhere he's went.. 

There’s every chance of it as I’m convinced celtic are not as good as they think they are, however we have too many injuries and a couple of absolute donkeys in our team holding us back. If anyone can pull it off it’s Clement but by god he will have his work cut out! 

1 hour ago, RockwellGers said:

I'd say mentality is huge in a title race. 

Definitely is a factor. If you have two identical squads and manager then team with stronger mentality will win.

But if we have to play the second half of the season with Dessers and McCausland starting the majority of games. We’ll likely drop too many points regardless of how mentally strong we are. 

Nail those 2 positions and a CM and I really fancy us

It's very possible which shows the job Clement has done after the horror start under beale. 

Janaury recruitment is huge for both sides. I fully expect the tarriers will panic buy next month. We've got to get our recruitment spot on with a striker the priority. 

Then it will come down to mentality. Last few times many in this squad have been in a tight title race post break they collapsed under gerrard and gio.

Hopefully Clement will keep that from happening. Definitely seeing a strong mentality so far. 

After the Sheepie debacle I was one of those who wrote the league off in October. However as we have all witnessed, the Clement effect has been enormous and so yes we can of course win the Title this season if we can maintain the same work rate and sheer bloody minded determination not to lose that Clement somehow seems to installed into what was a totally demoralised squad of players. However if is the biggest small word going, so a lot will depend on the ability of our squad, which seems to be very physically fragile, to handle the sheer number of games we have to play, and of course sadly, we have to factor in the Scum's panic buying in the window coming up, they might just land lucky.

One thing is for sure though, we have a genuine Title fight on our hands now, and at the moment, the sound of thousands of bottles crashing can be heard down Piggery way, it seems they are not handling having some genuine competition very well, beat them on the 30th and it will be sharks, burning torches and pitchforks galore in the car park.

8 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

If we bring in Shankland then yes.

Hearts would be looking for silly money, do not see it happening, TBH I do not think we will see much if any movement in the window, we tanned the transfer kitty during the summer, would probably be best to just see out the season with the current squad and let PC go to work in the summer window when the season ticket cash and the money from however far we go in Europe is in the bank.

I believe we can win it - and like most people will wait and see what happens this week before getting too carried away. The melt down from that lot when we go top is going to be epic, I think they'll fall apart but we've been saying it for what seems like forever and every time they seem to be on the brink we let them off. With Clement it feels different though. 

Our chances have improved greatly in the last month, but nothing is done yet. Lose on the 30th and we are still chasing the league and have a game in hand away at Hibs, which will be a tough one, as usual. Fat Ange started with 3 losses in their first 3 away games of the season(i think) and so we thought theres no way they would catch up, and yet they did. I think the same is happening now with them - thinking theyve won it early october and now the situation is different.

We need to concentrate on our game, make the right investments in Jan, bring in a proper striker and solve the injury crisis. Lose on 30th and the momentum might change, which will make things difficult for us. Win it and its ours to lose, considering their tough schedule in 2024. 

We are on the bones of our arse with fit players.

We have 15 fit outfield players including 3 youngsters. Sadly - this almost guarantees Lammers a start every game, and he's fucking shite.

Hagi has to return and we need to sign proven players, not projects, to get us through the rest of the season

We're in a really good place if we avoid defeat on Saturday. It's incredible to even say that, as a few weeks ago, all remaining OF games were a must win....even just to keep it respective. 

Draw, and win our 2 games in hand, and we're top. That's not unachievable given our form. Our squad will get stronger with players coming back from injury and we may have new signings. 

Not going to get carried away yet, BUT, if we avoid defeat or better on Saturday, I may start to get a bit tingly!!