Goldson

MacBoyd

3 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Dessers cost more than Kyogo…

Yeah and we could likely get miovski or  Shankland for less than we paid for Dessers and get a better return. So Dessers is clearly not value for money. And they 2 were brought to Scotland for minimal outlay

But for us to get better value for money than Goldson I'm not seeing it near so easy. Certainly not in the Scottish market. Where players are being brought in for more rhan Goldson but delivering less. Or in CCV double his price we paid 4 years ago but imo the best defender in the country.  Unlike with the forwards mentioned above there's none in Scotland outwith the OF I see as better value, and who came in cheaper. 

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I’m usually one of Goldson’s biggest defenders, but his arse absolutely collapsed last night.

Bullied by Miovski for the goal, and while he got through the game he was shaky as fuck.

Yes he was at fault for the goal.  He needed to be stronger.   I agree he was giving me the fear.  He needs to stop thinking he is Sergio Ramos and just play the simple pass at the back or his long disgonal passes.   When he starts to fart about with the ball it often causes us unnecessary bother.

There isn't a better centre half in Scotland though? Carter Vickers when fit maybe? That boy last night could have scored that goal against anyone. It was Goldsons position wrong side that got him in trouble.  Miovski had his hand on Goldsons throat pushing him off.......clever.  We also signed the other best Scottish defender in Souttar , and still not good enough?   Hard to buy a top defender in budget.  Any better than those two, go to bigger clubs, for money out of our range.  Need to keep looking of course. Got to be someone.........just like Butland was the someone.

38 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I’m usually one of Goldson’s biggest defenders, but his arse absolutely collapsed last night.

Bullied by Miovski for the goal, and while he got through the game he was shaky as fuck.

He was poor last night. Hopefully just an off night.

Souttar was excellent I thought, won pretty much every header and use of the ball was impressive.

1 minute ago, AGM_72 said:

He was poor last night. Hopefully just an off night.

Souttar was excellent I thought, won pretty much every header and use of the ball was impressive.

Overall fine but too many headers needlessly headed out the park.

Certainly was the better CH of the 2 last night, Goldson was rotten.

Poor this season 

Getting softer, even questioned his bottle last night..

Mentioned a few times though, he is the best we have.

Again another example of how the fuck is PC getting this out of us, increadible workings from our Gaffer.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Overall fine but too many headers needlessly headed out the park.

Certainly was the better CH of the 2 last night, Goldson was rotten.

TBF, I think Aberdeen hoofed it down that channel so many times, odds are a few would go astray. :lol: But aye, a danger when the opposition play for long throws.

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Wonder why we have the best defensive stats in the league?

If diddy Dessers could only control a ball aimed at him and give it to Cantwell who was clearly anticipating a knock down to him they wouldn’t have scored 

At the game I was thinking Dessers was pretty culpable, but having watched it back whilst his control was just shite the goal lies squarely on Goldson.

8 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Wonder why we have the best defensive stats in the league?

If diddy Dessers could only control a ball aimed at him and give it to Cantwell who was clearly anticipating a knock down to him they wouldn’t have scored 

It’s Goldson’s fault (still think Butland should do better), to even try blame Dessers is stupid

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

At the game I was thinking Dessers was pretty culpable, but having watched it back whilst his control was just shite the goal lies squarely on Goldson.

It’s all if’s buts and maybes. I do however believe that Goldson was caught because he was expecting Dessers to control it from the clearance or at least knock it on.  He did let him know as much too. 

The best I've ever seen Goldson play for us, Helander was at the side of him. 

I don't know if that was because Helander was talking or guiding him through games, or because it gave Goldson freedom to focus on himself, but that initial period where we never lost or conceded any goals, people chalked it up to Goldson originally, but it was Helander that made that defence. 

With younger defenders next to him, King & Souttar etc, he seems a bit switched off, nobody home, not just yesterday but majority of those types of games.

Goldson usually has at least one switch off howler in him.