Gio - new job

2 hours ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

go on do explain? I take it you've met him? how come you didn't say anything before?

The ONLY thing people can have a go at him about is going to Ibrox/The Louden whilst Gio was still manager and that's enough evidence that Beale's a cunt, but we've only collectively decided to voice those opinions after he turned out to be a shite manager.

I had a go about him going out to a boxing match the night before an important game. 

2 hours ago, AGC123 said:

Rangers legend that took us to a euro final and a bawhair from glory. Hope he smashes it there 💙

We win that penalty shoot out we end up in pot 1 of CL and quite possibly have a decent campaign, certainly not 6 defeats. There is a possibility that he would still be our manager. Will never know if that eould have been better or worse than the journey we are on. 

1 minute ago, Brubear said:

We win that penalty shoot out we end up in pot 1 of CL and quite possibly have a decent campaign, certainly not 6 defeats. There is a possibility that he would still be our manager. Will never know if that eould have been better or worse than the journey we are on. 

I can answer that question very fucking easily.

Just now, 285miles said:

Good luck Gio 👍🏻

sadly it was that St Johnstone away loss which effectively ended his time here, mixed feelings about it and wish it had gone better for him in the league.

St Mirren?

I’m not being contrary, it’s just that day was a horrible one for me and I want to know I’m not going mental.

2 hours ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

go on do explain? I take it you've met him? how come you didn't say anything before?

The ONLY thing people can have a go at him about is going to Ibrox/The Louden whilst Gio was still manager and that's enough evidence that Beale's a cunt, but we've only collectively decided to voice those opinions after he turned out to be a shite manager.

He made a cunt of himself coming up to the Louden then attending the game ( guest or not ) after losing the previous night with QPR and knowing how much pressure Gio was under. 
That apart I agree with you in terms of the abuse aimed at him during his time in charge and also since he’s left. There’s no need for it.

Just now, Bydo said:

St Mirren?

I’m not being contrary, it’s just that day was a horrible one for me and I want to know I’m not going mental.

I think we drew away to St Mirren which was his last game but had lost to St J a couple of weeks before which effectively blew the league 

Never doubted Gios love and commitment to the club 

gave us some special nights and days at Hampden but the league form could just never get to that consistency required . That’s life and he knows he will always be welcome back and held in high regard at Ibrox in the stands

his ending deserved to be far more dignified than the Beale hanging about episode 

Yeah gio was fab on the pitch as a player and nearly that europa league...but got the Scottish Cup back at ibrox.

It's mad to think we've been in 2 euro finals and admin & all the tough times since them soap dodgers have been anywhere near a final.

5 hours ago, blaudrup said:

Love Gio. The board didn't back him when they should have.

A lot of our failings are down to recruitment being a shambles since January 2021. 

Gio was a bit old school in that he set up a side with the best players in each position and gave them the freedom to build attacks. We weren’t organised enough to press well domestically, but with better players we’d have won games more convincingly and been in title races. Signings like Lawrence and Tillman can unlock defences when given a bit of freedom to play their game. 

It worked under Walter and Gio was of a similar mould, rather than a coach with a overiding philosophy. It’s arguably why we did well in the Europa run and knocked out PSV, because we identified opponents weaknesses and nullified them. 

Instead, we spent the Europa/CL revenue he made us on dross like Ramsey, Matondo, Davies, or cheap options like Colak rather than seriously upgrading the squad. 

2 hours ago, Rlm said:

Yeah gio was fab on the pitch as a player and nearly that europa league...but got the Scottish Cup back at ibrox.

It's mad to think we've been in 2 euro finals and admin & all the tough times since them soap dodgers have been anywhere near winning a knockout tie.

Fixed that for you.

18 hours ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

He wouldn't have been there if the club hadn't invited him up.

Also let's not pretend the majority of the forum weren't delighted to see him and the prospect of him potentially replacing Gio.

I'm quite disappointed by you. I assume that all your comments in any thread have been completely pure of course....never said anything out of frustration? 

The perfect fan? Okay. 

31 minutes ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

I'm quite disappointed by you. I assume that all your comments in any thread have been completely pure of course....never said anything out of frustration? 

The perfect fan? Okay. 

It’s not even true look a the threads about him, was a fair number of people not convinced by his appointment and the more sensible posters (me lol) knew he was a horrendous appointment that would end in disaster 

I wish Gio every success at his new club .... except if they come up against us of course ... 😛

Gio and the Dutch revolution produced some of the finest football we have ever seen at Ibrox .... giving millions of us memories alone that have never been equaled.

Gio as a player was brilliant ... his managerial spell with us was less brilliant ... mercurial probably describes it better ... from the highs we enjoyed in Europe to the lows we didn't enjoy domestically.

But despite all that he still deserves to be remembered for his highlights as both a player and a Manager ... and didn't deserve to be ridiculed by some of our  supporters or treated with disdain by the board .... as he was by far not the worst Manager we have appointed.

🇬🇧

Classy player in the best footballing team I’ve ever seen us have. Was within one kick of being taken into immortality as a manager but he just overthought our league and was on the wrong end of the fast Aussie’s team going on an incredible run of form. The way the board dealt with his departure with Beale stunk and he didn’t deserve that, albeit his time with us was up. Wish him nothing but success, unless they ever draw us.